Airport/Traveling with Protein powder...do’s and dont’s

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
I recently accepted a 4 month job that requires me to travel extensively. I will basically be living out of a carry on bag and briefcase for the duration and am wondering how you all travel with protein powder/supplements. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

InDeep

WKR
I just flew to Maui. And had a pre workout. And a whey protein. I did have to have them swabbed it but no problems other than that!

I pre pack measured portions into ziplock snack sized bags, then they all go into a big freezer type heavy duty zip lock that I put in my backpack that goes under the seat in front of me. I do not carry it in my carryon for fear of it busting open and the mess that would cause with clothes, shoes, etc.

Depending on the trip and how much I have, you can usually roll up the big zip lock full of portions and jam that into a shaker bottle and get the lid on, sometimes not, but it’s another way to compact things down.

I travel 75-100+ legs a year and I would say I get flagged about once a month on average...they typically give me a line about “looks like you have some organic matter in your backpack, can we take a look?” I tell them what it is and they usually do the “ok, that makes sense..” they swab and test it and I am on my way.