Akek giveaway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
WKR group buy?

I bet we can even get a WKR logo sewn on. 500 matching packs, what could be cooler than that! :cool:
...great idea, I can provide my bank account for collecting the money till we get to the 500 for the final order :cool:😁😅

Eta: ...ah, I forgot ....won't fly .... made in China ....🤔

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
How about you front the money then we'll all pay you back. Pinkie swear! :LOL:
....hm, ....this $20,000 would allow me to buy a lot of archery goodies for the rest of my life ....I'm afraid you have to come up with something more convincing 😁

Rob5589

WKR
....hm, ....this $20,000 would allow me to buy a lot of archery goodies for the rest of my life ....I'm afraid you have to come up with something more convincing 😁
How about becoming a Well Known Rokslider? That's something money can't buy!

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
So, they can continue the facade of a high end pack and fleece some people out of $. It feels a bit off that the thread that basically outed them is now deleted from the internet.
you might have missed it, but you can't land the same back pack for just $40 as this price is linked to a min. PO of 500 pieces.....the $40 is a trade price, without shipping and import tax ....and if you have to order 500 pieces you have to cash out $20,000 just for the packs, then it will take a whole container, and the container shipping costs are at least another $ 5,000 (shipping costs went through the roof recently!), then the import tax, the storage ...etc...

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
you might have missed it, but you can't land the same back pack for just $40 as this price is linked to a min. PO of 500 pieces.....the $40 is a trade price, without shipping and import tax ....and if you have to order 500 pieces you have to cash out $20,000 just for the packs, then it will take a whole container, and the container shipping costs are at least another $ 5,000 (shipping costs went through the roof recently!), then the import tax, the storage ...etc...
Doesn’t matter. Actual tried and true American built packs cost over $500 because they are worth that much money. An untested Chinese built pack at the same price point is honestly laughable.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member

Man...your really defending this pack-on multiple threads!??? 😂

Do you have an affiliation-maybe the “inside guy” who was going to win all along? 😳

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
Man...your really defending this pack-on multiple threads!??? 😂

Do you have an affiliation-maybe the “inside guy” who was going to win all along? 😳
...let's say it this way: I'm old enough to know the difference between a resale and a trade price, and usually I'm pretty good in getting a good bang for my hard earned $$$ ....I'm a wog living in down under, and usually I don't give a damn where the stuff I buy is made as long as it is competitive (quality and price wise).

If all the Bezos, Soros and Musks of this world decide to share their fortune (which they made with mine and your money!!!) with me I may reconsider my spending approach.

fatlander

WKR
You are forgetting to price in the extensive bag research...you know...in that big warehouse!

I’m sure actually using it in the field was a huge part of the year of extensive testing, they just didn’t take any pictures or videos. So they instead took a video in a sage flat on the side of the road with nothing in the pack.

If these guys had actually designed a kick ass pack, in their garage, to chase a dream, everyone on rokslide would have eaten it up.

Instead they bought a cheap ass pack from alibaba, slapped their label on it fluffed up what they are by telling us they did extensive testing for a year in their state of the art facility. Which is actually their garage. Then tried to pawn it off as ground breaking while charging a premium on par with time proven American packs that did start from those humble beginnings.

The pack has never even had meat in it. If it has, they definitely forgot to take pictures. Instead, you get stock photos of the alibaba frame. They promise a pack that will last a lifetime that hasn’t been further than the parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR

They're re-branding and repackaging cheap shit and branding/marketing/pricing it in a premium category to dupe the uninitiated.

Is that not extremely obvious at this point?

ETA: And for crying out loud, Akek, get someone competent to proofread your website!

Last edited:
Im pretty sure you can get almost the exact same pack on alibaba for less than $100 shipped for a single one. I didn't look too hard admittedly, the whole thing bothered me and i already have a seek outside pack and a chinese made kuiu to use as a loaner. Yeah many folks dont care where stuff is made, but i do. How the hell are they making a profit on a frame and suspension that costs $38.50?
...let's say it this way: I'm old enough to know the difference between a resale and a trade price, and usually I'm pretty good in getting a good bang for my hard earned $$$ ....I'm a wog living in down under, and usually I don't give a damn where the stuff I buy is made as long as it is competitive (quality and price wise).

If all the Bezos, Soros and Musks of this world decide to share their fortune (which they made with mine and your money!!!) with me I may reconsider my spending approach.
How is the akek pack a good bang for your buck?? Unless you get it for free its a complete rip off lol they're charging $570 for it and $28 for a 10-20 cent flashlight

Rob5589

WKR
I want to be the first one to say I'm looking forward to reading a newbie/first post from someone that picked one up then joined RS to complain that it fell apart.

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
Im pretty sure you can get almost the exact same pack on alibaba for less than $100 shipped for a single one. I didn't look too hard admittedly, the whole thing bothered me and i already have a seek outside pack and a chinese made kuiu to use as a loaner. Yeah many folks dont care where stuff is made, but i do. How the hell are they making a profit on a frame and suspension that costs $38.50?

How is the akek pack a good bang for your buck?? Unless you get it for free its a complete rip off lol they're charging $570 for it and $28 for a 10-20 cent flashlight
...if you wouldn't read only half of the thread: ....I was picked for their giveaway 😎 before the genuine thread was deleted ....

...if you wouldn't read only half of the thread: ....I was picked for their giveaway 😎 before the genuine thread was deleted ....
I fully understood that. Maybe i misunderstood your previous post but it sounded like you were pitching their pack as being a good deal lol. Was just pointing out that its obviously not. Now if they cut that price in half, sure, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.