Alaska or BC Spring Black Bear Question

I have a question for the group. I'm looking at taking my son on a spring black bear hunt in Alaska or BC next year, as a graduation present. My problem is, we can't go till after graduation, which will be around the 12th of June. I know hunting bears middle to late June is not the best idea, but my question is, am I completely wasting my time? Anyone have experience hunting black bears in SE Alaska or the Mountains of BC during late June? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

I drove down through B.C. and back last June, saw TONS of bears...but it was a fairly late spring. Still, not a bad time to hit it...

tdot

WKR
Same number of bears out, they just move higher up and get spread out a bit more.

Atleast around here they follow the snowline up and tend to feed in the newly exposed meadows. I see less of them on logging roads and more up higher in the sub-alpine areas.

Big parts of BC are crazy dry already, atleast from everything I've seen in the Southern half. It'll be interesting to see how that affects water levels as the season progresses.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
I know lots of B.C guys don't start spring bear hunting until after June 1st. I got one the other day on May 2nd. There were lots of bears out. We have lots of bears up here.

Big338

FNG
Call Logan at Peasleyhunts.com ! Amazing time. Took 7’2” black bear a week ago with him. All 4 of us tagged out. 6’6” to mine.
Used dogs so it was nonstop action. Him and his brother run the operation and the cooking is awesome by Charlie’s wife. Won’t go to bed hungry.
Tell him Robert sent ya. I have done sheep, goats, mtn lion, and now black bear with Logan. You don’t get any harder working better attitude outfitter !

1558648203522.jpeg