all leather boots, no goretex

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member

MattB

WKR
Yup- that definitely is more in line in what I was thinking. Basically a lightweight hiker w/ all leather upper and a Vibram outsole- thanks!
I use Crispi Thor II's for my warm weather boot and found that their last is very similar to the Lowas (in case you have never worn Lowas).

Lowa Renegade LL's are hard to beat IMO. I've had good luck with them but I tend to have good luck with boots, even working outdoors for a living. I also like the heavier Lowa Trekkers.

I would take the LL Trekkers over the Renegades.

I have the LL Baffin and the gtx Rangers. Previously, I have had the gtx Renegades.

I love the Rangers (gtx version of the Trekker), and the Baffin is definitely not lightweight. I would call the Trekker/Ranger a medium weight.

The Renegades seem like a relatively cheap boot with soft soles and too many seams. My opinion is that their popularity is most correlated to price-point quality. They are probably a good boot if you are comfortable with regular replacement and carrying fairly light loads.

EdP

WKR
It's good to see a number of boots that are leather lined - something I have not seen for decades. The fabric linings tend to be more comfortable, but if you overtop your boots crossing a waterway, the water just pours out of a leather boot instead of saturating the insides. A change of socks and you are good to go with the leather liner. With the fabric lining the boot is like a wet sponge inside that immediately soaks your dry socks.

rabbithuntr

Lil-Rokslider

My next boots after rave reviews from several friends using them over the last year or so.

I got a pair a month back I like them better than the original trackers I wore out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR

My next boots after rave reviews from several friends using them over the last year or so.
I just picked up a pair but haven't really put them through their paces yet. I will say they were a bit heavier than I expected. Not a heavy boot in general, but I own a bunch of their shoes in various models and these were much more substantial than the shoes. Anyone not used to zero drop shoes should read up a bit before going all in on these but so far I think I like them. The Vivobarefoot Primus FG shoes are my all time favorite trail running shoes. I've worn through several pairs and have a couple more in my closet ready to go. Fingers crossed these work out for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk