All Time High Stock Market

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Headlines today:
-Stock futures rise Wednesday night after Dow closes at a record high
-S&P 500 $SPX poised to have its 7th consecutive green week, its longest winning streak since October 2017
- Oil prices dive on big US crude stock build, record output

A lot of Roksliders were talking in 2022 about recession and selling their stocks. For those that did wow have you missed out.

So who are the heroes signing into their 401(k) tonight and selling at the “top”?

Who wants to go on record (and again) predict a recession “next year”?

Cue the “the stock market is not the economy crowd”.

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
If they are truly done raising rates, the market has room to run next year.....with a couple of corrections possible along the way. I still think we are on the eve of a recession...... either big or not. There are just too many signs that things are hitting the wall soon.

IdahoElk

WKR
Headlines today:
-S&P 500 $SPX poised to have its 7th consecutive green week, its longest winning streak since October 2017

A lot of Roksliders were talking in 2022 about recession and selling their stocks. For those that did wow have you missed out.

So who are the heroes signing into their 401(k) tonight and selling at the “top”?

Hnthrdr

WKR
Could go on and on about how the market is detached from reality. Definitely not going to try to predict anything. I put my money in and ride the waves, but it sure seems like eventually reality has to catch up. Seems like regular folks are feeling the pinch… January we are looking at another gov shutdown, federal debt hitting 33 trillion… not sure that we can kick the can down the road for forever

OP
downthepipe

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone I talk to in the trades is still booked out months and has passed their increased expenses onto the customer with little pushback. Who would have thought that during Covid that giving businesses loans that didn’t have to be paid back would cause inflation!!!

I have no predictions, but something doesn’t add up. Or we’re being lied to somewhere.

Average household income has gone from $63K to $74K in last 5 years. Average mortgage went from $1500 to $2800 in last five years. Average vehicle payment went from $530 to $760 in last five years (50% of Americans, not households have a payment). Total credit card debt hits a new record each month with average interest rate of 22%!!!! Average student loan payment is $450. Just adding those three payments up is close to the average after tax household income in this country. All while almost every single service and good has gone up 25%. Something just does not add up. Saw a headline today that said “Americans are spending at record levels and economists are mystified, struggling to find end point.”

But I’m a HODLer so I don’t really care what the market short term.

Marble

WKR
I'm getting ready to put a decent amount in, right when it's hitting the peak.... It's not great timing, so I better choose wisely.

Next year's economy has a lot of domestic and international variables. Lots of crazy things going on in the world.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

tmorty

FNG
Let’s go further than predictions, who has a ticker or two they are feeling good about recession or not? I’m trading flat across the board from last year to now. But looking to find some rising stars for the coming year. The past three years has been a huge learning curve for me. Tech and pharmaceutical has been my niche as of late.

def90

WKR
Headlines today:

My portfolio still hasn’t recovered from the 2021 drop.

Keep in mind that stocks are affected by inflation as well. The reason why we are seeing record highs isn’t necessarily because stock values are growing, it’s more so that the value of your dollar is dropping.

We are not quite back up to Nov 2021 levels, and much of the disruptive/Covid/Cathie Wood stocks are still down 70-80% from then as well, so I doubt many people are seeing "all time high's" in their portfolios. It's good to see green though. 30 years from now this will all be a blip on the radar, and look like a smoking deal.

Rich M

WKR
You ever read those articles that talk about the dollar being worth less now than it was in say 1970? That's how the stock market keeps going up - it is the main place to keep your money so that it tracks the true value of the dollar.

Flip side - if you like those 5% CDs, best get buying some if the fed is gonna drop rates next year.

svivian

WKR
I just looked at my portfolio and i sold a ton of stocks nov and dec of 2021 and those stocks still have not reached the highs I sold at since i repurchased them after the drop.