Alpacka forager, who has hunted with one?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’d really like to see a pic or hear an explanation of how you set up your forager for a multi day hunt or how you arrange meat and gear on one.

Thanks!

Tripp238

Lil-Rokslider
98a5d472f4a2e4ec1efb6c49ddfffe48.jpg

021cb6041a3c4ed600c9d7d83dc279da.jpg

I am probably a horrible one to speak on this but I have learned quite a bit in the last two years. I started with the mule so I had to put pretty much everything but my pack on the front by my feet. Then used the Ranger and recently a Forager to give me some space.

I now will just use dry bags to keep everything in the tubes, and a waterproof duffel strapped to the front with everything I need for the day. And with the forager plenty of room to keep the backpack at my feet. As trash accumulates, I prop it under my pack.

My gun is tied to the inside along my leg in a Nomar case. If the water is calm, I pull it out and I keep it between my legs. Had a grizzly swimming in the water with me once and didn’t know it until he popped up at 10 yards. So I like to keep it as much as possible.

I do t have a photo but any 50L water resistant duffel works to strap to the front. Found the key is to try for a low profile on the front. As far as the tubes, I just balance the weight and slide it to the front.

The seat is preference. I don’t like to sit really high so I deflate mine a bit. But the floor should be inflated as much as possible so you never sit in water.

The next thing I will do is run a rope along the sides to strap things like a Nalgene or fly rod to. Is can get chaotic in the raft so I am starting to keep it minimal on what I have out.

Also learned to strap everything you have. Had some scares a few times that for me thinking what I wouldn’t lost if it flipped. I use Titan straps and light bungee cords mostly. You will get about 3 seasons out of the Titan straps so carry extras.

Let me know if you have any questions or methods you used. I am a self learner and always up to see what people do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk