Alternatives to Lowa Camino GTX?

Try as I might, my Lowa Camino GTX boots do not work for me. Alternate lacing, different socks, SuperFeet hiker insoles, etc. regardless I still get heel blisters and foot pain. Additionally, for what I want/need, the x-lace system is hot garbage and gets in the way.

With well over 60 miles on these boots, and Colorado Rifle 2 swiftly approaching, I am done trying to make these work. They are going back to REI.

What other, similar boots should I be looking at for CO mulie/elk hunting and 2-3 day backpack trips?

Thanks!

Have other Lowa boots fit you well or is this your first pair? The Camino fits more narrow than the Tibit or the Ticam II. If you bought the boots at REI and are planning to return them, in person, I’d start there by trying on other brands/models. It doesn’t matter what boot anyone on here recommends as they may or may not fit your foot properly. Be sure to take your hiking/hunting socks with you to try on boots. Use the faux rock ramps they have and walk up and down them to see how the boot feels on a couple incline or decline. I can’t help you much on other brands as Lowa is pretty much all I wear. I’m wearing the Caminos this season and have no issues with them. I tried some Crispi Wyomings, but they just weren’t for me.

LaHunter

WKR
Lowa Ticam 2. The Caminos didn’t fit my heel well either. The Ticams are somewhat ‘between’ the Tibet’s and the Caminos.