Aluminum rail in Maners forearm???

TXHunt

FNG
I am needing to mount a mini arca rail just forward of the front recoil lug on a Maners EH1a long action stock and I'm cusius if there is a aluminum rail in the forearm of the stock that I will be able to drill and tap to screw the mounting screws of the arca rail to. I know my AG composite stock had one so I would assume a Maners would, however when I called Maners the girl on the phone said there isn't but she didn't really sound like she knew what she was talking about either. If there is, how far forward of the front action screw does it start? Picture attached is of the Maners stock in question that my Ridgeline is mounted in.

Attachments

• 20230813_140748.jpg
    20230813_140748.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 12

Lawnboi

WKR
There is no aluminum. You will need to drill it and install t nuts to thread into, just like whatever you have in the front of the stock.

You can only get so close to the bottom metal due to the recoil lug, so choose a rail accordingly.

OP
T

TXHunt

FNG
There is no aluminum. You will need to drill it and install t nuts to thread into, just like whatever you have in the front of the stock.

You can only get so close to the bottom metal due to the recoil lug, so choose a rail accordingly.

Gotcha. Thanks. I'm surprised they don't have aluminum in their forearm like AG. Sure did make it easy to mount on the AG and definitely not going anywhere.