America’s most remarkable kid died.

Superdoo

WKR
I read this the other day and it struck a chord for me. It's not often that upon hearing of someone's passing that you stop and think of what might have been accomplished if he had lived longer...

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting story that reminds a person what life is really about and how short it can be.

I read this yesterday as I live just over the hill it caught my attention. I remember when he died at the reservoir. I was working at the fire station that day when it came over the CAD. We dont respond to these types of things usually that far out but it is in our county. If I heard right he and another kid were in kayaks and they were playing around. The story was they were trying to knock each other off. Well, the other kid won the game and Kevin died. Again, that was just what I had heard. I imagine the other kid has a lot to live with.

Anyway, pretty interesting story about Kevin.

Tragic. A very promising mind and an attitude to go along with it.I hope his family can navigate his absence.

I read this last night and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. Very sad. I’m sure if he continued down the path he was on, he would have been very well known later on in life.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that this story touched a nerve with. I really hope his family can pick up the pieces.

Really amazing young man. I love hearing about how the limits we place on ourselves or on our children are often meaningless and restrict them from accomplishing more.

At the same time, how tragic that his parents or community didn’t keep him somewhat on track with other basic life skills. They make an argument for “unschooling” which sounds like it mostly worked well for him. But a responsible adult overseeing it at least a little could have prevented this. How do you have a kid for 14 years and never think to teach him to swim?

Back