Ammo coming back ?

I’m just wondering if people are seeing ammo and powder coming back ? Just saw a shelf packed with 6.5 143 eldx yesterday. Haven’t seen that on a shelf for over a year. Picked up some 160 gr nosler accubond 7mm in a store the other day. Also some 7828 and retumbo. Prices are higher but sure not gun broker prices.

A year ago I could have bought that shelf of 6.5 and sold it on gunbroker and paid cash for A sheet of OSB. 😂

Attachments

• B631C774-4AC3-421C-8270-331B4DFEB556.jpeg
    B631C774-4AC3-421C-8270-331B4DFEB556.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 188

bobr1

WKR
The stores near me usually were either completely out or only had a few boxes of odd ammo. This past week 2 of them had a pretty decent selection of ammo and the most I have seen since last fall. Not sure if it was fluke or not, we will see.

CorbLand

WKR
It is starting to look better. Ammo is coming in higher quantities and sitting on the shelf longer but we have a long ways to go before it will be there readily.

street

WKR
I would anticipate the manufacturers will ramp up more of the standard hunting calibers and maybe decrease the handgun rounds. Just a thought.

Reactions: WCB

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
3 options of 22LR at wally world yesterday. The first time I've seen anything beside 350Legend on the shelf in a looong time.

Found some 7mm 160gn Accubonds the other day and Sportsmans had almost a full shelf of ammo for the first time in a long time that I have seen. Selection was still limited but higher quantities of what was available.

I think ammo is gonna be just like the lumber market... you can only continue to raise prices for so long until people say screw it I'm not gonna participate.
A market still depends on someone being willing (and able) to buy what you're trying to sell. I think there will be a glut of stuff before long especially with inflation hitting the middle class harder this summer.
I've had it with material prices & feeling like you're being ripped off just because these companies think they can. Some developers are cancelling/ postponing projects because the numbers just don't make sense at these levels.
The wholesale lumber market around me has dropped big time over the past few weeks. It'll be a month or 2 before it shows up on the retail side though.
Just my humble opinion...

WCB

WKR
Hunting rounds should become more visually available from now through fall...normal production cycle. Back orders are still through the roof. You will know when it starts fading when everything starts showing up and staying longer but

RMP

FNG
SGAmmo has been getting quite a bit of the common hunting calibers. I get notices of ammo arrival from MidwayUSA on a regular basis now.

Mosby

WKR
I saw 3 boxes of 8mm Remington ammo for $89.95 a box at a local Walmart.

Not sure who or how many shoot a 8 mm or why they would pay $90 for Remington but if you're an 8mm man things are looking up.

yakattak

FNG
I’m starting to see quite a bit more ammo around me. Cabelas seems to be getting stuff in more often, it’s just not a lot or around for long.

tuk

FNG
i have been seeing quite a bit of ammo lately. Ever time i go to the sports retail stores there is at least some. there has been 9 45 223/556 almost every time. the oddball stuff is the problem still

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
At the Cabela's in Hamburg, PA they seem to be fairly well off on the standards; 223, 308 and so forth. But then they also have the Nosler calibers and 50 BMG. Nothing for the likes of 300WM, 7mm RM.

ChrisAU

WKR
It sure seems to be, but man, if any of you guys find a couple boxes of Federal loaded 7mm 160gr Accubonds my hunting partner would sure appreciate it.

h2so4

WKR
It’s coming back. Prices dropped, availability increasing. Just a matter of a few months before it’s back completely. I’ve seen lots of hunting loads being released in the past month.

Ladd

FNG
Classified Approved
I saw a shelf with 6.5 eldx last week. Didn't buy any since I don't use them but it was good to see that. Some other Bergers on the shelf too. I've been able to get all the powder, bullets and brass I need lately. I've yet to see Retumbo anywhere but I don't use it anyway. When I start seeing that and primers, I'll know the craziness is behind us.

Last edited: