Anker powercore solar 10k and 20k?

Has anyone used either of these and what was your experience with them. I figured they’ll be fully charged heading out and then the solar will give it some extra juice but worst case scenario it’s just a bank from the original charge.

And anyone have an accurate weight for each?

According to their own material, it takes 4.5hrs to charge plugged in and “several days” to charge via solar, which is basically useless in my opinion.

I’d stick with a standard, non-solar unit which will be l lighter on a mAh per ounce metric. Get a 20 or 26k size if worried about enough charge.

OP
T
According to their own material, it takes 4.5hrs to charge plugged in and “several days” to charge via solar, which is basically useless in my opinion.

I’d stick with a standard, non-solar unit which will be l lighter on a mAh per ounce metric. Get a 20 or 26k size if worried about enough charge.
Well if I were to get the 20k and it holds the same charge as a 20k non solar, but then recharges daily hanging on the back of my back, it would extend the life of the power bank another full charge on a several day trip? What am I missing?

It is twice the price and 4 ounces heavier, and hanging on your pack walking through the woods, I bet it only gains you a handful of percent per day given their several day recharge is probably in full sunlight.

An Anker 26800 is the same weight and cheaper, and I would bet anything that you can’t get 6800 mAh with that little solar panel.

I have a 3 panel portable solar system where all three panels are larger than these, and they in full sun all day in the truck in don’t even get a 10k mAh from ~half to full.

Bottom line, it’s more money and weight for the most negligible difference in power.

Geewhiz

WKR
I have a knock off 10k power bank with solar and I was suprised how well it did keeping up. I just leave it in a zip lock outside facing up when I leave the tent for the morning so it could soak up sun all day and it seamed to about top off from the previous nights charge. Granted I am only charging my phone which is on airplane mode and only used to take a pic here and there.

OP
T
I have a knock off 10k power bank with solar and I was suprised how well it did keeping up. I just leave it in a zip lock outside facing up when I leave the tent for the morning so it could soak up sun all day and it seamed to about top off from the previous nights charge. Granted I am only charging my phone which is on airplane mode and only used to take a pic here and there.
That’s what I’m trying to do is just extend the life a bit without carrying a second bank. What size was it? Might just give it a shot and post a little review

Geewhiz

WKR
Its either a 10k or maybe a 12.5k. I think 10. And I dont even think it has a brand name on it but I have been pleased with it. I hunt for 3-5 days at a time on backpack trips and have never ended a trip with it under 50% that I can recall. I think without recharging at all it would charge my phone all the way at least 3x or so, but definately helps to leave it out of the tent to soak up some rays throughout the day.

If you were charging headlamps, camera batteries phones, inreaches and other gadgets I suspect you may want a little more, but just to top off a phone its plenty sufficient.