ANOTHER SCAMMER

jljordan41

Lil-Rokslider
His profile "Muless" has since been deleted but he was also using the email [email protected] for communication. When it came time to pay for the product he asked me to send the payment F&F to [email protected] and told me he already knew my mailing address.

Echoing what other guys have been saying.. Don't be a sucker and get blinded by a good deal. If it seems too good to be true, it may be. I'm pissed that I sent him my name and mailing information, but apparently he already knew it? Haha

Beendare

WKR
Yeah, the WTB adds are an attractant to Scammers.

Lots of tools in place not to get scammed.

1) Make sure the person has a rating- a track record of good transactions

2) Never use PayPal Friends and Family- you lose your leverage with them.

TLB2

FNG
Classified Approved
WTB ads are where alot of scammers can get you. Ive seen same trend on alot of forums

CorbLand

WKR

wyosteve

WKR
I've said this repeatedly, but the quickest way to ferret out a scammer is for your first question to be: "Can we do a video call with you holding the item?" If not, run Forrest run!

He got me on a MR Popup 38. His PayPal shows as Donald Weaver that he had me use. In the future if someone isn't willing for me to pay PayPal fee then they can sell whatever they have to someone else. He replied to WTB ad.

Towhee

FNG
I'm actually surprised by how common this seems to be on hunting and fishing forums...

grfox92

WKR
I'm actually surprised by how common this seems to be on hunting and fishing forums...
It's not hunting and fishing guys doing the scamming. It's lowlife losers who look anywhere and everywhere to scam people.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

It's not hunting and fishing guys doing the scamming. It's lowlife losers who look anywhere and everywhere to scam people.

Don’t think there aren’t scumbags in the hunting/fishing community.

People have game cams, blinds, etc… stolen quite often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

grfox92

WKR
Don’t think there aren’t scumbags in the hunting/fishing community.

People have game cams, blinds, etc… stolen quite often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'm not naive to that. But people who scam people online typically do that as a career with multiple different avenues of scam.

Beendare

WKR
When is society as a whole going to realize…some people are just plain bad ?

Without harsh laws, these folks proliferate. There is a segment of our society that wrings their hands, “ There are too many people in prison”

I wonder;
If the president of the US came out and said; “Thats enough, we are going to hammer criminals going forward. If you commit a crime…and crime….the US is going to hold you responsible and hammer you but good”

Then follow that up with a mandatory announcement in schools…you commit a crime…you will pay a serious price…dont say we didn't warn you. Does anyone remember the Scared Straight vids?

I bet crime would drop.

IDVortex

WKR
When is society as a whole going to realize…some people are just plain bad ?

Without harsh laws, these folks proliferate. There is a segment of our society that wrings their hands, “ There are too many people in prison”

I wonder;
If the president of the US came out and said; “Thats enough, we are going to hammer criminals going forward. If you commit a crime…and crime….the US is going to hold you responsible and hammer you but good”

Then follow that up with a mandatory announcement in schools…you commit a crime…you will pay a serious price…dont say we didn't warn you. Does anyone remember the Scared Straight vids?

I bet crime would drop.
But it goes back to DA's and Judges, if we don't get rid if weak leaders, we'll always be a weak country.