ANOTHER stolen bull…this time Aron Snyders?

Hnthrdr

WKR
Blood thinners help with altitude.

Reckon he got something figured out.
Don’t give all the flatlanders my mountain man secrets ;) walking at treeline with those blue pills is like walking at destin beach when those blood vessels open up

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Put me in the same boat as others who think selling any part of wild game should be illegal. Sure there will be a tiny fraction of a black market but it wouldn’t be remotely similar to drug use and availability.

KurtR

WKR
Put me in the same boat as others who think selling any part of wild game should be illegal. Sure there will be a tiny fraction of a black market but it wouldn’t be remotely similar to drug use and availability.
I think you would be surprised just in the black bear gall bladder black market is a multi million dollar industry and this was back in the late 90's early 2000. Just google it and their is stories all over

Just make it illegal to sell wildlife parts, including sheds, and anything you can forage like mushrooms. That would solve a ton of problems
Brilliant.

How many illegal things still happen despite there being laws on the book that make said activity illegal?

You have way too much faith in humanity.

KurtR

WKR
One wonders if having laws reduces illegal activity at all. I posit that if all laws were rescinded illegal activity would plummet to 0. ;)
well some one is killed every 50 minutes by a drunk driver Im sure we have time to worry about some one selling antlers for some boner pills. You could have laws and regulations for every thing but with out enforcement and punishment its just writing on paper

well some one is killed every 50 minutes by a drunk driver Im sure we have time to worry about some one selling antlers for some boner pills. You could have laws and regulations for every thing but with out enforcement and punishment its just writing on paper

Hmmmm, I guess I disagree. Some people follow laws even when they know they couldn't be caught and punished.

Here’s your motivation… always goes back to drugs and money…and those 2 are interchangeable for many…35 dollars a POUND!! View attachment 465295

Irony is, those are probably imported.

Had to look it up. Made in USA, from naturally shed Rocky Mtn Elk antlers.

There's always a lot of disparity between retail and supplier, wonder what the current price is on beef @ Costco, I'm sure it's no where near current livestock sales prices.

KurtR

WKR
Hmmmm, I guess I disagree. Some people follow laws even when they know they couldn't be caught and punished.
Ya im guessing if that was the majority the country would be alot better place but the whole premise of this thread is about people who are garbage and doing the right thing when no one is looking is not in there dna. So have all the laws you want but unless the juice isnt worth the squeeze they are going to keep on squeezing. What would you do to punish some one caught selling deer horns if made illegal? A fine a little jail time well at that point you are dealing with people who dont give a shit the people who do follow the law already. We get all the other problems going on fixed then we can go after the antler people

Ya im guessing if that was the majority the country would be alot better place but the whole premise of this thread is about people who are garbage and doing the right thing when no one is looking is not in there dna. So have all the laws you want but unless the juice isnt worth the squeeze they are going to keep on squeezing. What would you do to punish some one caught selling deer horns if made illegal? A fine a little jail time well at that point you are dealing with people who dont give a shit the people who do follow the law already. We get all the other problems going on fixed then we can go after the antler people

That seems like a pretty depressing, fatalist approach.

I solve small problems every day while I'm working on solving larger problems that take longer and more effort. I would bet that's fairly universal.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I think you would be surprised just in the black bear gall bladder black market is a multi million dollar industry and this was back in the late 90's early 2000. Just google it and their is stories all over

Is petsmart selling gall bladders? Maybe I’m wrong, but my assumption is the vast majority of antler demand is in pet stores. If made illegal it’s not like house wives are going to go to some back alley Chinese market to buy dog chews.

I’m not usually a proponent of any new laws but something needs to be done. Shed hunting seasons were the tipping point for me. It’s gross how popular and instafamous people get for putting pressure on winter grounds for antlers. Stealing antlers is likely to be less attractive if the market it taken away. Or at least one would hope.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I agree, lots of catch and release in Denver… because the DA’s and Judges won’t prosecute, but it has led to way worse crime! As far as drug use. I used to be in the camp of legalize it all… then I started working daily with drug addicted people and you realize stuff like meth, fentanyl, heroin, crack is literal black mold on civilized society and the use of it accounts for the crime and destruction and then… people steal antlers for boner pills…