ANOTHER stolen bull…this time Aron Snyders?

Broomd

WKR
I wouldn't shoot someone over a million bucks. I'd sure as shit shoot someone to avoid serious bodily harm or death, or protect someone else from the same.
This^^^

When someone beats my kid to the point of ER all bets are off, F*** the set of horns, at that point it's defense of life and personal safety.
Wouldn't hesitate a second to non-lethally shoot someone putting a beatdown on a loved one.

if I am getting my ass beat, I am going to the gun especially in a situation out in the mountains as mentioned.
I was taught not to let my mouth outrun what I can backup.

People seem oblivious a lot of times to the situations they put themselves in.

Seems People think someone is just going to start to beat the tar out of you for the fact you shot something. It takes escalation to get to that point, that takes 2.

Yes I have been part of a hunting party that had an elk claimed by others.

I was taught not to let my mouth outrun what I can backup.

People seem oblivious a lot of times to the situations they put themselves in.

Seems People think someone is just going to start to beat the tar out of you for the fact you shot something. It takes escalation to get to that point, that takes 2.

Yes I have been part of a hunting party that had an elk claimed by others.

If you came across a dude in the woods and he says “hey that’s my backpack, and my bow,” you’re just giving them to him and walking away?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Let’s face it. Hunting is becoming competitive. The day of going out with your dad and grandpa and bonding, hoping to shoot something and share stories is over. Now it’s about the gram, making a career out of doing nothing, punching tags, posting stories, and getting sponsors. The pressure is building to fill tags and take pictures. This isn’t going to get better, it’s going to get worse until “we” stop worshiping these guys like Snyder, elkshape, BRO, hush, new berg and all the other guys pimping our natural resource for their personal gains.

And don’t get me started on the shed hunters….

Matt Rinella was correct and if you haven’t listened to that podcast do yourself a favor and listen to what he has to say.

S.Clancy

WKR
Man, I guess I am glad that I don't necessarily hunt where the most animals are but where the humans are not....

And to those saying that people are getting shittier, it was common practice around Gardiner in the 90's for people to run in and "claim" any random elk before the actual shooter could get there. It is unlikely people are getting worse, just more avenues for terrible people and their actions to get to public arenas.

If you came across a dude in the woods and he says “hey that’s my backpack, and my bow,” you’re just giving them to him and walking away?

Depends on the situation.

I don't see myself in a situation where that would happen, but suppose anything is possible. It's different than claiming kills tho.

But I also see my bow and pack being cheaper than needing to defend myself in court.

Thing is, say you end up in a situation where you do use deadly force on someone, what's to say that on your way out someone in that person's family is seeing the situation from their side and feel the same thing is needed?

I miss the days of just having a good old brawl, where nobody resorted to a gun. Sometimes you did get your ass kicked, but nobody ended up dead.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Depends on the situation.

I don't see myself in a situation where that would happen, but suppose anything is possible. It's different than claiming kills tho.

But I also see my bow and pack being cheaper than needing to defend myself in court.

Thing is, say you end up in a situation where you do use deadly force on someone, what's to say that on your way out someone in that person's family is seeing the situation from their side and feel the same thing is needed?

I miss the days of just having a good old brawl, where nobody resorted to a gun. Sometimes you did get your ass kicked, but nobody ended up dead.
Even those days are gone. Now everyone wants to be a mma bad ass and people end up in the ER with wired jaws.

How about we all act like civilized human beings. The wife shot a bull out from another hunter yesterday. None of us knew the other party was there. He walked past us and we stopped and talked and he was polite, we were polite, we both apologized for the situation, and I told him where we had seen 60 elk but the wife couldn’t get to.

I think drugs changed a lot of things. These days some meth head will curb stomp you to death for a pack of cigarettes.

You ain't wrong there, fortunately I don't have much experience with them.

I tend to steer clear when I can.
Have driven a lot further than I should have when I needed to stop for the night just to avoid some areas.

Even those days are gone. Now everyone wants to be a mma bad ass and people end up in the ER with wired jaws.

How about we all act like civilized human beings. The wife shot a bull out from another hunter yesterday. None of us knew the other party was there. He walked past us and we stopped and talked and he was polite, we were polite, we both apologized for the situation, and I told him where we had seen 60 elk but the wife couldn’t get to.

Then, in bow season especially, you can have multiple hunters actually shooting the same animal.

hflier

WKR
You guys haven’t noticed the massive amount of hunters anymore are just completely white trash? Those are the same ones that would steal someone else’s critter
Yes, the word sportsman isn't used much anymore. In Oklahoma I don't trust anyone I run into in the woods. Many poachers, meth heads, pot growers and law breakers and I imagine as the groceries get more expensive it will get worse.

Randle

WKR
Let’s face it. Hunting is becoming competitive. The day of going out with your dad and grandpa and bonding, hoping to shoot something"

Nope it still happens I just took my son and 2 grandsons out and 17 yr old grandson shot A bull
Yep there were other hunter screwing us up a little but just adjust and have fun