Anti hunting groups are organized.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
In the end it’s all about money, habitat, and hunter recruitment/retention. Protecting and enhancing the public land is damn important. But also I think conservative states in the western US need to leverage pro hunting sentiment and use tax payer dollars to continue/expand programs which pay private land owners to allow especially youth hunters on the property. That’s a way to use everyone’s money (even anti’s) to support the cause. But sigh… that’s government… so we would not want that.

fatlander

WKR
Honestly, as much as it pains me to say this, I think we all get what we deserve. I’m sure that someone in Canada was sounding the alarm about this before it happened, but we are all too busy looking out for ourselves.

Just yesterday I started a thread about a proposal to completely eliminate nonresident caribou hunting in a huge portion of Alaska that got 2 replies. I’m sure a few more guys viewed it, and some of them followed the links to write in their opposition.

I do think if I’d posted something about a group of hunting instafluencers changing their contracted brand of underwear or ROAL Meme maybe there would be more than 2 replies.

I know in Ontario and maybe other provinces they have a minimum amount of furbearers that need to be taken from registered traplines. Mainly beaver. If those are not met for a certain number of years the registered trapline is sold/given to someone else. It seems like B.C needs a similar law to combat this tactic. Unlikely though with their politics.

wyogoat

WKR
The diff between hunters and antihunters is that antihunters agree on what they want.
I think when it all came down to it we would as well. Despite arguing about belted mags v high bc target rounds for big game we would all be organized on the important issues.
The difference is that at the moment we haven’t been forced into action. For the most part we have what we want.

downthepipe

Lil-Rokslider
I think when it all came down to it we would as well. Despite arguing about belted mags v high bc target rounds for big game we would all be organized on the important issues.
The difference is that at the moment we haven’t been forced into action. For the most part we have what we want.
I agree. Sadly though they see our weakness is we won’t act until we are forced, thus slowly chip away at existing hunting and conservation rights (and now properties) playing the long game. On the other side of the coin sportsman have a hard time finding things to chip at and always playing defense as a minority population.

wyogoat

WKR
I agree. Sadly though they see our weakness is we won’t act until we are forced, thus slowly chip away at existing hunting and conservation rights (and now properties) playing the long game. On the other side of the coin sportsman have a hard time finding things to chip at and always playing defense as a minority population.
That’s very true and your strongest point is that we would likely be reacting instead of acting ahead of time.
What is the solution at the moment though? Donate to whatever organization that most aligns with your interest? Or those organizations band together? Or new organizations?

Rich M

WKR
Wolves, long range hunting, shooting yearling bucks, trophy critters, Res vs NR, license fees, permits, permit availibility, baiting, hounds, mtn lions, corner crossing, P&R funding, it goes on.

By time you get hunters on same page, the alphabet agencies will be gathering them like the jan 6 people.

Rich M

WKR
That’s very true and your strongest point is that we would likely be reacting instead of acting ahead of time.
What is the solution at the moment though? Donate to whatever organization that most aligns with your interest? Or those organizations band together? Or new organizations?
New orgs. The older ones wont band. Btdt on a state level, all have their chosen battles.

My bet is that the government has an agreement with the outfitter that includeds legal obligations that the outfitter must meet. As such, if the new owner continues to not guide, allow hunting... the government agency will step in to disolve the outfitters rights to the area and go a different route. Granted this may be a process and take time.

ODB

WKR
The diff between hunters and antihunters is that antihunters agree on what they want.

utterly correct. they are actually very crafty people with simple aims. Anything that moves the ball closer is a win.

Their goal: End hunting.
Their means: Any.

Theirs is a much easier fight at the end of the day.

tater

WKR
My bet is that the government has an agreement with the outfitter that includeds legal obligations that the outfitter must meet. As such, if the new owner continues to not guide, allow hunting... the government agency will step in to disolve the outfitters rights to the area and go a different route. Granted this may be a process and take time.
I'll take that action. Let me know how much money is on the table.
You are wrong, and i want a new longbow.

CHAD PEZZLE

Lil-Rokslider
Estate sale of a deceased outfitter
Sounds like this isn't there first purchase of an outfitters concession.

I'm pretty sure, they purchased other concessions from guides that were not deceased. I'm not sure that really matters though.

I think a lot of guides in BC were losing a lot of money when the Grizzly ban went into affect. Some areas, that was there primary means of income, evaporated over night.