Any advice for a narrow foot?

As a couple guys have already mentioned, I think you should really consider the Salewa boots. They make a number of different styles, from hiking to mountaineering. Order a pair online from someone that has an easy return policy and where them around the house for a few days in case you decide you don't like them and need to return.

OP
Canyonbanger208
The briksdals (uninsulated, flex 4) just showed up at the house today and the initial fit has me blown away. They're one of the only boots I've tried on where I'm not maxing out the laces trying to get them tight, if that makes sense. Im a 10.5 and these feel way more true to size than the Nevada's I tried. Heel is locked back nicely and the toe box is just the right size for me.

We'll see how things shake out after 100 miles or so on some 'not so flat' ground.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Wife and father in law have long and narrow feet... both swear by Asolo TPS or whatever their decent leathers are

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
I have narrow feet and asolos have worked well for me. I recently picked up a pair of salewa mountain trainers that feel good so far.

Andy S.

FNG
OP and all that have commented,

Thank you for this thread and your feedback. I am in the same boat with 14 AA feet. I’ve always just made a boot work, but now that I’m middle aged and starting to focus on taking care of my feet, I’m about to order new quality boots as well.

One additional question for the group - any particular insoles you recommend for narrow feet?

Extrapale

WKR
Kenetrek and Lowa make narrow boots.

I gave up on replacement insoles. I just use the factory ones now.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Tower

FNG
I'm a size 13 AA and went through this myself a few years back when replacing my Danner Hood Winter Lights, which were a Narrow width, and ended up with the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme non-insulated in 13 M. I tried the Narrow but they were actually TOO narrow for me. With a liner sock and light or midweight wool sock the regular Medium width fit is fantastic. Kenetrek recommended their cushion insoles for my flat feet, but I much preferred whatever insole came with the boot. By far the most comfortable boot I've ever had.

I have long narrow feet (14 A/B) and have struggled with even regular footwear, let alone boots. Asolo's run narrow and might be worth a try. I have a nice pair of Asolo hiking boots that I use for hunting when it's not very cold out and they fit pretty well. I recently bought a low-rise Asolo hiking shoe for more casual use and I'm not getting along with it as well. Unlike the boots, the shoe is oddly narrow in the toebox and wide in the heel - which is kinda opposite what I need. The struggle is real, my friend!

AM.
I also wear size 14B...I like Asolo and Crispy Thor. The Thor is extremely light weight and has a stiff sole.
Both are not warm boots...Asolo in bottom of photo...
FEET_AKRange.jpg

For years, I wore 13B boots but as I aged and completed a good bit of backpacking with Scouts my feet got a little longer and wider. My 14B boots are a little snug but if I buy D width, those need thicker insoles to take up slop. Lately, I have worn Salomon Quest 4d and Salewa Alp Trainers. Both fit well. My work issued us Kenetrek fire boots. The 14s were way too sloppy so I traded for 13s which fit better but are possibly a little short.. I tried thicker insoles in the fire boots but it seemed to move my heel too high out of the heel cup. I have been looking at the Kenetrek Mountain extreme in the narrow width but they are not listed for wear for wildland fire.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Scorpion

WKR
Salewa Raven, I have a 2E forefoot but a narrow heel and lower calf (Fred Flintstone feet). Even without insoles I can’t wear a thick sock, so they run pretty narrow.

Great boots overall, very waterproof and the sole is incredibly grippy in all conditions. If you are hunting Arizona/Mexico desert you’ll likely get a couple seasons due to the heat, but you’ll climb rocks like a goat.

Shraggs

WKR
I’m 10.5 narrow and low volume due to my very flat feet. Life long struggle.

Salewa definitely you shout look at. Great boot for the money. Changed insole to instep.

kentrek mountain extreme in their narrow has been fantastic. In these needed thicker insole and settled on a new balance with pronation.

dtrkyman

WKR
My favorite are Asolo, have a heavy pair and a light pair, look at Sierra trading post they have a good selection and pricing.

rangerdye

FNG
I'm narrow like you. The quest 4d fits ne really well. I tried a bunch of boots when I needed something stiffer. Tried kenetrek ME in narrow. Width was right one but could match the arch with 4 different insoles. Ended up with the hanwag trapper tops and I'm loving them so far. Still needed a really good insole. The scarpa kinesis felt good as well, just wanted a taller boot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I tried Salamon ultra 3 mid, initially were great, super light and comfy, but a couple recent longer hikes left my feet sore and a couple blisters which is weird because I had never gotten a blister even when new.

I think with one season under them they are just wore out, can not find replacement insoles for them either, want the originals so fit does not change.