any appliance guys on here? need a new set

Colterw

FNG
I won't buy another LG appliance. Speed Queen is what I have currently and I'm very happy with it.

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with everyone saying Speed Queen. Got tired of having to repair or replace within 5 years. Took awhile to find some in stock but definitely worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Thanks guys. Wife like a Samsung set at lowes but guess I will do a little more research.

kda082

WKR
Our Samsung dishwasher just shot craps after 8 months, tub fell apart and can’t be replaced. They’re covering it under warranty but it’s been a pain.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
I own an appliance sales and repair store. Speed queen TC5 and DC5 set for top load or the GE front load sets.
The speed queen front load sets are on backorder for 6 more months, otherwise those for front load

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did a bunch of research and then talked to a guy we know who owns a appliance store. He said speed queen hands down and doesn’t even carry them. No unnecessary bells and whistles/ computer chips.

Attachments

• E7DCE6C9-6B6D-41A1-B391-411EEF27F5DB.jpeg
    E7DCE6C9-6B6D-41A1-B391-411EEF27F5DB.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 63F2A67A-DDEF-4872-A9E0-D2CF7F66DFFC.jpeg
    63F2A67A-DDEF-4872-A9E0-D2CF7F66DFFC.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 22

grfox92

WKR
Whirpool, Kenmore and GE for laundry units. I. That order. Kenmore is Whirlpool in Sears Clothing, same.machines.

I spent 5 years working for the highest selling privately owned appliance store in the State of NY. When it comes to laundry Whirlpool is king on terms.of longevity and reliability.

Samsung and LG are by far the worst. I wouldn't touch ANY of their appliances with a 10 foot pole.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

All I can tell you is LG is the absolute worse for customer service or repair.
LG is garbage. Our house came with all LG stuff and every single appliance has had issues. When our refrigerator tanked, the girlfriend went and picked out a Samsung. The delivery guy said make sure you buy the extra warranty...

Also, our front load washer has a rubber gasket deal that is just a nasty reservoir for dog hair, dirt, etc. Something to consider if you have pets.

jmez

WKR
Whatever brand you buy get them from a local store that has their own service department. You don't want to have to deal with a third party warranty issue.

NB7

WKR

I have a set of Samsung that worked well for the first 5 years. In the past year(6th) I have had to replace the lint trap filter, motor tensioner pulley and heating element/thermister in the dryer. I probably spent $150 on all the parts and did the work myself. Not sure it that's good or not.

I know planned obsolescence is real and that is what that felt like.

The washer has been reliable to this point.

I'm pretty sure LG and Samsung are sister companies under different names. I noticed this because I talked to the same tech support lady when calling on separate occasions about each POS appliance, respectively.
Both are horrible, I too have sworn to never buy anything LG ever again. Absolute junk

Funny, the appliance repair guy is at my house right now. Came out to check a burning electrical smell we were getting out of our 2 year old LG dishwasher, which was replacing a lemon Samsung, that Samsung tried to repair unsuccessfully 3 times before giving up and refunding our money. Drain pump motor was arcing and he said it was lucky it didn't catch fire. ($500 to fix the part on an $1000 dishwasher.... So we are disposing of it, as a potential safety hazard). Last LG appliance I will ever put in my house. He recommended Bosch for the dishwasher at least, said they have the best reliability of any units he works on. Not the same item, but that's feedback from today on brand quality...

Blake_08

FNG
We've had a Speed Queen set since 2017 after coming from a stinky, top load, high efficiency joke of a washing machine. We have been very pleased with Speed Queen. It's all I'll ever buy again.

Speed Queen of today is not the Speed Queen of 5 years ago. Just FYI

Agreed. We bought one three summers ago for many of the reasons stated in the thread. My wife still isn't happy with them. The dryer has a removable screen part (over the element I think) that has been replaced under warranty and yet still gets so hot it can leave marks on clothes. The washer is like a jet spinning out clothes which is great, but we only use about a Tablespoon of detergent and add about 1/2 cup of white vinegar in the agitator. Otherwise on the spin cycle (not when it drains but as it spins out) we'll get soap/ detergent bubbles foaming up out of the drain pipe for the washer hose.

Wife is extremely disappointed and we will likely be replacing them in the near future, hopefully trading them back to the shop doing the warranty work for us and going with a top load, with agitator, and preferably heavy duty/ commercial.

Speed Queen made some changes a few years ago and added an economy setting to meet some kind of FED mandates. Prior models have a terrific reputation. But I doubt we'd invest in a Speed Queen again. It's been very disappointing.

LostArra

WKR
Speed Queen washer and dryer here for many years. No doubt my wife would replace me before she replaced them with another brand.