Any experience with The Upland Institute training series?

Getting a PP pup this spring. My first versatile dog after many generations of field goldens. Have been enjoying listening to podcasts with Justin McCale and was looking into their Upland Institute on line training series. That said, it's relevant lyrics pricey compared to say the Perfect Start, Perfect Finish videos. The PSPF has been around a long time and has lots of good reviews, the Upland Institute pretty new with pretty much no reviews that I can find. I don't mind paying 450 for it (almost triple PSPF) if it's a good product to help me develop a good bird dog - but it's tough without hearing much customer feedback. Anyone use it or have a friend that did, and if so what are your thoughts? Thanks!

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have any experience with the Upland institute, but I’ve had great luck with the Delmar/Rick/Ronnie Smith method. You could likely save some $ and still end up with a fantastic field dog.

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I read Delmar’s book “ The best way to train your gun dog” but also they have puppy development dvd’s and dvd’s on their Silent command system. They are all great. I’ve never made one but their in person clinics but the breeder I got my dogs from swears by them. George Hickox is a good resource. He has training programs as well. I’d recommend a subscription to pointing dog journal if you don’t have one already.

I have perfect start/perfect finish. Great program, simple and works. I also have their force fetch program as well. Theirs is e collar based with no ear pinch, toe hitch, etc. I really like their videos because they use so many different dogs with different temperaments and abilities. I learned a lot just from watching them.

I bought Upland Institute’s force fetch series as well. Very well put together with a traditional ff series using ear pinch. Not sure what their entire program includes.

If you have an opportunity to get a Smith clinic I would highly recommend it.

Standing Stone Kennels has lots of free videos, especially to help guide new puppies, and they are worth the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
What state are you in? I'd think about joining a NAVHDA chapter and there's lots of help available from them.

simpson

FNG
I have trained 4 bird dogs over the years. 2 labs and 2 pointing dogs. The Brittany and Pointer were trained following the book Training with Moe by Marsha Greenlee. I also followed a couple of channels on YouTube, Standing Stone Kennels and DogBoneHunter.

Good luck and have fun. Sorry, no help on the Upland Institute.