Any knife suggestions

Ive been looking to improve upon my knife game, I was wondering if you guys can recommend a high quality hunting set for a reasonable price?

Just a thought for your consideration. For the price of a Benchmade or other "commercial" knife you can find a ton of spectacular knives made by craftsman on BushCraftUSA.com. I was going to buy a Benchmade Bushcrafter, but after considering the price I picked up a nice custom there. Collectors are reselling unused knives at great prices right now due to COVID. Lots of makers with lots of choices.

For example, I picked up this Malone Bushcrafter with a nice sheath for $150. Admittedly it's a slightly heavier than the Benchmade (which is an awesome knife). But it's unique and very capable.
20201113_173850.jpg20201106_151635.jpg

This Lost Wild Outdoors/Battle Horse Knife Woodcrafter cost a bit more but was still heavily discounted ($230 with awesome leather sheath), but it's a more substantial beast. Still good for field dressing, but will also serve as an all-around camp knife.
20201031_150427.jpg

Last edited:

mmac

WKR
Benchmade saddle mt skinner in s30v is hard to beat. It has been updated, so the last ones are on sale for around $100.

Rick M.

WKR
I did a ton of research on good knives and ended up pulling the trigger on the Fallkniven F1 Pro survival knife.

It is the official survival knife of Swedish Air Force pilots. There is quite a bit of stellar feedback out there about this knife if you Google it.

I just wanted to add, there is an incredible sale on this knife at Chicago Knife Works:

boom

WKR
while i have some stellar knives, i 80% of my hunting trips: my $14 Mora Carbon Companion is riding shotgun in my hunting pack. it is super satisfying cutting into a muddy hog with an inexpensive knife.

Another vote for the Benchmade Steep Country. Bought mine from Cabela's this year at full price. So far I am very impressed. Great combination of light weight, good steel, with a full grip and great ergonomics. I have used it on 2 Elk & 2 hogs. I hit it with a leather strop (Worksharp Field Sharpener) and it is shaving hair in no time.

My experience with it is limited, but so far I really like it. I agree with the comment above about the sheath. It could be better, especially if you remove the belt loop attachment (there isn't a retaining device other than friction on the kydex) The sale price in the link above is pretty sweet for the quality of this tool. Hi vis orange is a plus too. Helps prevent leaving it in the woods, especially if breaking down game in the dark.

Maki35

WKR
Ive been looking to improve upon my knife game, I was wondering if you guys can recommend a high quality hunting set for a reasonable price?

Thinking around $75 and wanting super lightweight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Around $75 you can get a good hunting knife. But $75 for high quality hunting knife? IDK

For a budget around $75 and super light, maybe the outdoor edge switchback or Buck hunting knife.

I would suggest Benchmade, Helle, Bark River... All are great hunting knives, but above a $75 budget.

TX_Diver

WKR
Outdoor edge swingblaze keeps finding it's way into my hands.

I bought the IW K1 knife with the G10 handle this year and it's great too but it's not cheap.

The swingblaze is a great knife. I keep looking at the steep country as well but don't really need to spend $ on another knife...

Lando

WKR
Jump all over the Benchmade Steep Country for $85 and don't think twice about it. I picked up two several months ago and can't believe they're still available for that cheap.

mlgc20

WKR
Pretty much every knife I use nowadays is either Benchmade or ESEE. Lots of other great knives out there. I just gravitate to those two brands.

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
Benchmade steep country. I got one this year - fantastic knife. Find one at the links above or most sporting good retailers will price match if you’d rather buy local.

Michael54

WKR
Buck 112 ranger seems be be my go to folder.
For a fixed blade its almost always my mora i gravitate to.
I'd be upset for sentimental reasons if i lost the ranger.
The mora just outperforms its price range and most priced above it tbh. Its easy to clean up, holds an edge, and is cheap enough i wont be devestated if i lose it

Benchmade steep country is the best knife Ive ever used. It makes no sense to me how good these knifes are.