Any Montana or Wyoming Criminal Lawyers out there?

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone practice criminal law in either of these two states? No, I don’t need representation. Montana and Wyoming seem to have the most generous bar reciprocity terms with my state. Idaho? Not so much. I have been wanting to move out west for quite a while but I have been helping to care for a sick parent. Sadly, she passed away about 10 months ago. Now that I no longer have ties or responsibilities here, I’d like to start laying the groundwork for a move.

Without giving too much info away publicly on the site, my area of practice is criminal law and I’d like to continue doing that out west. I’d be very grateful to just chat with a person or two to get the lay of the land; particularly what the culture is like in various public defender and district attorney offices out there. Thanks in advance and I’ll hang up and listen.

OP
C

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Like many places, both prosecutors and public defenders have almost overwhelming case loads with mediocre pay.
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I figured as much. Heavy, nearly unbearable caseloads are nothing different than what I’ve done in the past for long periods of time. I’m really hopeful to speak (not publicly, of course) about the ins and outs of individual offices in various locations. Eg, I see the same offices posting vacancies at least yearly (sometimes a couple of times a year) and I’m just curious if it’s a larger office with people coming and going frequently for more money (I see this constantly in my career) or if the culture is unbearable.