Any Sales on Actions/Barrels?

SloppyJ

WKR
I've been saving my pennies to build a rifle this year over the winter and I'm ready to order an action and a barrel. Looking at some of the lower priced actions (Origin, Igniter, Atlas) and I'd like to get a nice spiral fluted stainless barrel for it as well. My fall back will be a Proof barrel. I'd really like to try a Bartlein but the PVA barreled action seems to be a good deal too.

Either way, I've never been in this market before. Is it typical to see any of these items on sale coming up for Black Friday or Christmas? I'd prefer to buy the action and barrel from the same place but if not, no big deal. I've located the barrel I want in-stock so I wanted to ask this question to see if I should wait a month to see what popped up or if I should just get started? I'm in no rush to get it completed, I have plenty of rifles to get me through this year, just something I'd like to have ready for next year.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
Currently the American Rifle Company Coup De Grace is probably the most feature packed action at the $900 price point. It won’t be on sale but at $900 it’s already cheaper than most of the competition.

That being said they had a big presale and are still getting caught up so there will be a wait. Companies like LRI, Preferred Barrels, PVA, Straight Jacket Armory and Bughole Barrels are all offering prefit barrels for this action.

Depending on your cartridge of choice you could also use a Savage Prefit barrel with a barrel nut. Doing it this way I have used Carbon 6, X Caliber and Proof CF barrels.

Wapiti1

WKR
Call Pacific Tool and Gauge. They have some good options that are typically lower priced. They had some Nesika Bay actions, but you have to call and find out what is in stock.

Jeremy

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Call Pacific Tool and Gauge. They have some good options that are typically lower priced. They had some Nesika Bay actions, but you have to call and find out what is in stock.

Jeremy
Any idea what the Stiller actions are that's listed on their site? They call it a Tac 7 but I don't see that listed on Stillers site.

Wapiti1

WKR
Any idea what the Stiller actions are that's listed on their site? They call it a Tac 7 but I don't see that listed on Stillers site.
Not certain, but sure looks like a TAC300. You'd have to call and find out. PTG does a lot of small batch work for others.

Jeremy

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Well I was just calling around today because it seemed impossible to find a LH LA Origin and frontrangeprecision had one. I called late and figured he had closed up but he called me back and said he had one in stock along with a proof barrel in the length I wanted. Super nice dude to talk with and was able to get a great deal on it. That was much easier than I expected. Great customer service.