Any traditions you wish you could change???

Just for fun!!!
For me Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Its deer hunting season, football is on (even though its Detroit playing) lol. Friends and family getting together. But I wish we could eat ham instead of turkey. I'm just not a fan of eating turkey all the gravy in the world wont fix turkey.

Anybody else have a tradition that should be updated.

I've never been a big fan of giving/receiving gifts on holidays or birthdays, and I absolutely hate it when people expect to receive something! I do enjoy giving gifts to my young children (2 & 5) because of the enjoyment they get out of it, but they always want more and my wife/grandparents already spoil them. I know a few people in their late 20s and 30s that still expect stuff from their parents, and they get upset if they don't get what they want.

SonnyDay

WKR
Just for fun!!!
For me Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Its deer hunting season, football is on (even though its Detroit playing) lol. Friends and family getting together. But I wish we could eat ham instead of turkey. I'm just not a fan of eating turkey all the gravy in the world wont fix turkey.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend brining and deep-frying as the cure for terrible turkey. But otherwise, I'm sure the pilgrims would have subbed-in ham if they had it!

Poser

WKR
If you haven't already, I highly recommend brining and deep-frying as the cure for terrible turkey. But otherwise, I'm sure the pilgrims would have subbed-in ham if they had it!

Alton Brown’s recipe will solve the turkey problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
Just for fun!!!

I love turkey and ham...since I can remember we always did both....now that Cranberry crap don't make sense.

One of mine would have to be a bit of the gift giving thing...My wife and I have started telling people if they want to get something for us. Get our daughter something she'll be 1 next month. Or luckily our families are pretty good and all pitch in a little bit for something we need/want instead of everyone getting us a bunch of little stuff.

The other would be "Thank You" cards. holy balls...one to everybody that got us a wedding shower gift...then everybody that came to the wedding. Then everyone that gave us a baby shower gift...then I get them from people who we gave stuff to that thanked me in person already. I almost started sending Thank You cards for people that sent us Thank You cards.

Reactions: lif

Jauwater

WKR
Valentines Day is a joke! Just one more day a year a man is suppose to go above and, beyond the above average care and, attention that he already shows her daily. And if you dont up it every year, then watch out, it's your ass. Then it's like a social media competition who spoiled who the most. I dont give into Valentines Day. Never have. Already cater to them daily.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

I love turkey and ham...since I can remember we always did both....now that Cranberry crap don't make sense.

One of mine would have to be a bit of the gift giving thing...My wife and I have started telling people if they want to get something for us. Get our daughter something she'll be 1 next month. Or luckily our families are pretty good and all pitch in a little bit for something we need/want instead of everyone getting us a bunch of little stuff.

The other would be "Thank You" cards. holy balls...one to everybody that got us a wedding shower gift...then everybody that came to the wedding. Then everyone that gave us a baby shower gift...then I get them from people who we gave stuff to that thanked me in person already. I almost started sending Thank You cards for people that sent us Thank You cards.

I forgot about the thank you cards! The wife and I got married in the middle of a move and building a new home. When we finally starting going through boxes that weren't needed at the time of moving in, we realized we had forgotten to send thank you cards for the wedding! It had been well over a year before we realized it so I dodged a bullet there.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
Valentines Day is a joke! Just one more day a year a man is suppose to go above and, beyond the above average care and, attention that he already shows her daily. And if you dont up it every year, then watch out, it's your ass. Then it's like a social media competition who spoiled who the most. I dont give into Valentines Day. Never have. Already cater to them daily.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

That’s why I got married on Valentines Day. Killed two birds with one stone.