Anybody prefer waterproof footboxes on their bags?

jgilber5

Lil-Rokslider
Tent is a bit tight leading my feet to tend to touch the wall, and the down just sucks up the condensation. Otherwise like the tent and need a new bag anyway. I've seen some brands putting out waterproof footboxes on their bags which look pretty sweet, but have to wonder if they are breathable at all and if that actually works to keep your bag from getting soaked anyway. Anybody have experience with these?

BDWMT

FNG
I fought that problem. I’m 6’-4” and my feet touch the tent wall most the time. The condensation became a real problem after a couple nights. I switched to bags with a waterproof foot box and no more problems. Nothing worse than cold and wet feet all night.

BDWMT

FNG
Thanks for the info! Any specific brand you prefer?
I think there are many good options but I’ve had good luck with Nemo based on their size and side sleeping design. I have a 0F and a 35F, both down. I dislike the tight mummy shape on many that leave me feeling like my feet are bound together.

sacklunch

WKR
Otherwise just considering wrapping the end in my rain jacket each night
This is what I do with my WM…walls in my hille always get condensation and the foot of the bag gets damp, so I slide my shell over the end, works like a champ with the gear you probaly already have. Unless you just want a new bag anyways

OP
jgilber5

jgilber5

Lil-Rokslider
I think this will be the way I go for now, that'll still end up being lighter than getting something like the Nemo bags