Anyone else see elk on google earth?

Blinddog

Lil-Rokslider
It's in Wyoming - and us Non-residents can only camp, hike, fish shoot small game in it but for Elk or Deer you need a Guide or a Resident to ack as a guide - because you could get lost. the Trick is to leave your rifle in your spike tent outside of this area and then go hiking into the Wilderness and try and push the Elk out of it.;)
Remember to tell the GW that your just hiking.....:oops:

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
I've found mountain goats before.

44.630924, -109.797670Screenshot_20200830-201240.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
I'm guessing it's Wyoming. They have a bullshit law that only residents can hunt the wilderness areas except with a guide.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I agree that rule is shitty in 80% of wilderness areas in WY. But it really should only apply to the Thorofare. That place is nowhere an inexperienced hunter from the East should venture. They get pretty sick of hauling goombahs out of there in helicopters.

I agree that rule is shitty in 80% of wilderness areas in WY. But it really should only apply to the Thorofare. That place is nowhere an inexperienced hunter from the East should venture. They get pretty sick of hauling goombahs out of there in helicopters.

In that case, NYC should require folks from WY to hire a tour guide before they can visit the city.

Makes just as much sense.

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
In that case, NYC should require folks from WY to hire a tour guide before they can visit the city.

Makes just as much sense.
Ah yes, a 250 square mile wilderness area filled to the brim with raging rivers, grizzly bears and endless monumental terrain that can kill you is 100% comparable to hailing a taxi in NYC.

Ah yes, a 250 square mile wilderness area filled to the brim with raging rivers, grizzly bears and endless monumental terrain that can kill you is 100% comparable to hailing a taxi in NYC.

Except that if you polled folks in WY, chances are they would tell you NYC is 'more dangerous.' ;)

But I'm sure just by virtue of living in Jackson for the required amount of time, someone should be more than prepared.

Regardless, stupid rule. Reminds me of the blue laws back East.

Last edited:

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
Except that if you polled folks in WY, chances are they would tell you NYC is 'more dangerous.' ;)

But I'm sure just by virtue of living in Jackson for the required amount of time, someone should be more than prepared.

Regardless, stupid rule. Reminds me of the blue laws back East.
If it were up to me, we'd dissolve the Republic of Jackson and make California take them all back