Anyone make custom bags for pack frames?

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a couple frames that I used with their standard bags from the usual companies. No complaints except that there’s a few bag sizes and features I’d like to change for my specific situation. The manufacturers make more of a one style fits most and that’s no problem. But none make the specs that I’m looking for. Just wondering if anyone knows of a reputable person or small company that makes made to order bags for a reasonable price?

wapitibob

WKR
Pods8 on here, he's rugged stitching on facebook. Partner and I designed a bag and had him make it. Excellent service and price. Will use him again.

OP
WhiskeyDoc

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
We’ll see. Just send an email to ask. Thanks for the heads up. If there’s any others out there I’m open to hearing in case Pods8 isn’t available.

We’ll see. Just send an email to ask. Thanks for the heads up. If there’s any others out there I’m open to hearing in case Pods8 isn’t available.
I sent them an email about 6-8 months ago asking if they could add 2 zippers to the back of my T1. Never got a reply. Guess they can't or don't do it anymore?

OP
WhiskeyDoc

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies, and for the offer we discussed don. I had emailed Pods a while back. still haven't heard anything so he might not be doing it anymore. I think I'm going to order supplies and give it a go myself. I've made small items with success so we'll see how this one goes!

duchntr

WKR
These guys make semi custom bags- not cheap though.

Ehiggins

WKR
Send me a PM with what you're looking for. I might be able to make it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Don is a good dude and does great work.

Also he’s easy on the eyes so that’s a bonus!

Here’s one of his custom bags packing out 2 quarters, a days worth of gear and a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c1eb77d283c51385b4251d3e602290fa.jpg

Last edited:
Don is a good dude and does great work.

Also he’s easy on the eyes so that’s a bonus!

Here’s one of his custom bags packing out 2 quarters, a days worth of gear and a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c1eb77d283c51385b4251d3e602290fa.jpg
Lol, this is mostly true except the easy on the eyes part.

I was hoping to make a pack for him, but I couldn't meet his time-frame requirement.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
WhiskeyDoc

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Haha yeah Don was very kind in reaching out … though I can’t speak to the easy on the eyes part.

But I gave him a tall order. I have a lot of specifics and not a lot of time before my next trip. Totally my problem not his! I think I’m going to have a go at making the bag myself. It’ll be a learning experience if nothing else!

Sewing is a skill. A true skill. The learning of it takes a never give up attitude. Also, You’d better have good vision, a good machine, a big area to work in, and the patience of Job.

I’ve built a lot of gear that I use. I sewed my top quilt on my hammock, I’ve sewn several others up for people as well. I’ve made hundreds of game bags. I’ve sewed so many stuff sacks I can’t count. And, I made a hammock tarp or two. They’ve all worked/are working great.

That’s a big jump into it for sure. If it were me, I’d pay Don to make my bag and use the one you have for this immediate need. Spring is here. Trout fishing, Turkey hunting, the crappie spawn, and soon to be kayaking river smallmouth. That’s living. Setting in front of a sewing machine, on an undersized table, with yards of fabric all waded around you, while you try to thread the sewing machine needle with underpowered reading glasses, pales in comparison.

Life is short. Sewing a pack, unless you have and meet all the required criteria stated above, will no doubt shorten it. I can’t stress this enough. I’ve been married for 19 years. The only time my wife and I grown so impatient with one another during this time, was when I was seeing a lot. At this point in my life, I’d rather take a 9 iron to the shin than sew up a pack.

Last edited:

Crosser05

FNG
Tactical Tailor made some custom frames for people if I am nit mistaken. It would be worth the call.