Anyone Report Poachers/Illegal Things in CO?

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Person I know is running an illegal outfitter operation. Has a legit website and is posting all over the CO hunting facebook pages.

I looked him up in DORA and did not see a license. I also know this person would not have garnered the appropriate licenses to outfit or guide. I reported it to the CO Outfitters Association and Operation Game Thief. I feel like I should mind my own business, but it bothers me on a moral level.

Has anyone seen outcomes using Operation Game Thief or other agenies?

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Contact your local CPW officer.
I know the officer here is constantly chasing our local outlaws

dtrkyman

WKR
I’ve turned in a few for major stuff and ignored a few for minor stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Dont they also have to have permits from Federal Agencies if they are operating on public land? If so and the State doesnt do anything about it, take it to the Feds.

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, i called the local warden a few years ago. He came out and wrote some tickets and confiscated at least one elk. He was super responsive.

ChrisA

WKR
Probably should have turned in a couple dudes on fat tired motorcycles, a few more running side x sides, and several driving pickups off trail in the Flat Tops. Inconsiderate idiots

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
We got fired upon by an adjoining landowner to the San Juan Forest two days ago... crested a rise and started taking handgun fire from a homeowner even though we were still well away from his property! We called 911 and wound up speaking with DNR, National Forest Service, local PD and more... thankfully we were not hit but took about 12 rounds striking all around us and zipping close overhead with no warning. We hit the deck, rolled through some cactus and called 911!

Last edited:

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
We got fired upon by an adjoining landowner to the San Juan Forest two days ago... crested a rise and started taking handgun fire from a homeowner ever though we sill well award of ! We called 911 and wound up speaking with DNR, National Forest Service, local PD and more... thankfully we were not hit but took about 12 rounds striking all around us and zipping close overhead with no warning. We hit the deck, rolled through some cactus and called 911!
Any charges filed?

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
Any charges filed?
The agents said they would be making a joint visit to the home to try and uncover any admission that might allow charges so we are waiting on the results but have let them know we will file charges if they deem plausible