Anyone running the kifaru tahr

Luked

WKR
About to pull the trigger on a hunter frame and tar pack with scope pocket guide lid and a couple belt pouches
Was wanting to see of any of you guys have put any miles in the tahr and how you like it

sr80

WKR
own one...and love it. I have a large and med pocket on the back. Tons of room for a big load, and small and compact for day trips.

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
I have one and it's great. Bigger than I expected. Run it with a spotting scope picked and a few belt pouches. Add a lid and you have a bunch of room. I'm taking it on a sheep hunt this year.

I also had one and liked it, but I sold it because I just like the Timberline series better. I ran mine on a 26" bikini frame and it was stupid light, but the bag didn't sit on the ground very well because it wasn't as long as the frame. That was really my only complaint.

thejones

WKR
I just picked one up. I haven't hauled anything in it yet, but it looks like a nice very simple pack.
I will get back with some more thoughts a little later.

thejones

WKR
Ok, I've had some time with it. The Tahr is a great pack bag, if your looking for a bag to stretch from day use to around 5 days. This of course is a no frills pack, and that is what I love about it. No need for a lid, no organization (we put everything in stuff sacks after all) very light weight for how robust it is, straight purpose built. With the ability to add and subtract pockets, this may supplant my MW.

I'm not sure how much I will use the meat shelf, but I can see how useful it is when needed. I think the meat shelf will work great for the first load, then empty your bag and haul the rest inside.

Not much else to say, it is simple. The comfort is all in the frame and this is a bag attached to the frame. If your looking for a daypack size, that has some extended trip tendencies, with the ability to grow with pockets, then give this pack a good long look.

CC

FNG
I just picked up the argaili and had attachment points added to be similar to Tahr. I really like the attachments point on the snow collar lid. Also had a side zipper added. I haven't spend any time in the field, but I can tell I'm going to love this setup. It's amazing how small these bags will compress. Using the snow collar without the lid is awesome and a great way to drop a few oz if you want too. I'm sure you will love this pack....or the argali if you want to go bigger, yet compress to similar size. I can fit 4 bet pouches on the back! looks like the cargo panel when compressed with pouches.

wyodan

WKR
I just picked up the argaili and had attachment points added to be similar to Tahr. I really like the attachments point on the snow collar lid. Also had a side zipper added. I haven't spend any time in the field, but I can tell I'm going to love this setup. It's amazing how small these bags will compress. Using the snow collar without the lid is awesome and a great way to drop a few oz if you want too. I'm sure you will love this pack....or the argali if you want to go bigger, yet compress to similar size. I can fit 4 bet pouches on the back! looks like the cargo panel when compressed with pouches.

Could you post a picture of your setup? I'm going to get the same pack, but going lidless & the side zip sound great.

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
How is the Tahr working on a 26" frame?

I´m 182cm tall, and would ned the 26" frame, yet want the compact bag of the Tahr.. any good combination?

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
How is the Tahr working on a 26" frame?

I´m 182cm tall, and would ned the 26" frame, yet want the compact bag of the Tahr.. any good combination?

mfolch

WKR
Really? I was about to buy one until I read somewhere that there's a space between the bottom of the 26" frame and the bottom of the pack, so you can't set it down without its falling over.

I'd also be interested in seeing the side zipper. Did that come from Kifaru or did you have it added somewhere else?

works perfect on a 26" frame.

sr80

WKR
yeah there is a couple inches at the bottom of the frame where the bag doesnt cover, but its never been an issue.

bmart2622

WKR
I have mine on a 26" frame and the frame is slightly longer than the bag but it is nowhere near a deal breaker. I have seen several posts about thenpack falling over and I guess that is just not an issue for me, you can always just place the pack where you want it.

thejones

WKR
Fully kitted out my tahr has a guide lid, two medium side pockets and two medium belt pockets on the back. With these mounted I can carry everything to our camp, then strip down to day use. It is a good setup, that is very modular.