Anyone Running Timber Creek, Uncle J, or Excel Boats???

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
Wasn't sure where to put this so thought I would try here.

So I am looking to buy my first ever Duck/Fishing boat. I feel that I miss a lot of waterfowl opportunities close to home because I don't have anything river worthy, and would also like to be able to go out on bigger lakes, as well as the bay of Erie.

I know that no one boat is going to be perfect for all of it , but I want something as versatile as possible. I am looking for a boat in the 20' range and 72'-84' wide, with a motor somewhere in the 100hp range. Based on my application it seems the best option for me is going to be a modified V, or the viper hull like Excel offers, at the least. I want to go with a side console, I know the diehard duck guys swear by tiller for added floor space, but my shoulders are jacked up and I think the SC will be much better for me.

Do any of you guys/gals have any experience with the Timber Creek/Uncle J/Excel Boats? If so, any advice or must haves? Reviews? Timber creek and Uncle J are 100% custom built, where as the excel seems like you can choose some options and not others.