Anyone tried these Telescopic Stabilizers?

FlyGuy

WKR
Curious if anyone has experience with any of the new(?) Crossover telescopic stabilizers from Crossroads Archery?

TELESCOPIC STABILIZERS – Crossroad Archery, LLC

I am thinking of ordering one but can't decide what size is best for elk hunting vs one for say deer hunting from a hang-on stand. Also wondering if anyone experienced a significant increase in noise when shooting?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I know Corey Jacobsen used one this year for elk hunting. I'm pretty sure he liked it. I was going to check into them, but hadn't gotten that far yet. They look about like my B-stinger that I currently have on the bow so I doubt it would change much for me in the closed position. But I've never tried a stabilizer longer than 12" before, so have no idea what that would be like.

Dameon

WKR
That is a nifty idea. I think the 10 inch model that extends to 17 inches would probably work best for hunting. Put a Doinker or some Bowjax on there and it should reduce the vibe and noise as well. I'm not a fan of shiny brass or stainless steel on a hunting bow though, so that would have to be taken care of with some paint or tape.

There was a small company that used to make them (trinity archery maybe). I had one and liked it. Then I think Octane bought their idea and made a telescoping stab for a while.

This seems like the same idea, just more segments to extend. I'd consider one, if I ever had a need for a stabilizer again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there some other brands doing this as well? Im not seeing any but haven't searched too long. Just started looking at these and wouldn't want to get one and then find out right afterwards that there's a brand that improved the idea.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a 821 crossroads one a few weeks ago from BlackOvis. I have only shot at targets but there is definitely a smaller pin float when extended to 21”. I put a bow Jax on it as well and might want two but need to shoot it more before that decision is made. I think it is worth it if you take longer shots like 50+ yards then u will notice the benefits more. I had a 8” doinker on before which I wasn’t disappointed in but wanted to chase the perfect setup so always tweeking my setup. I can let you know more info after September with both deer and elk season going.

OP
FlyGuy

FlyGuy

WKR
I have been happy with mine. I bought the long one and used it for about 18 months. While (elk) hunting I usually kept it fully collapsed or just the 1st joint expanded. This was easy enough to maneuver around while covering country, and is a nice "handle" when I throw the bow over my shoulders and balance it on top of my pack. Even at that length, it is still long for the average hunting stab, but not too long as to get in the way. I haven't needed to do it yet, but figured that if I was going to take a longer shot, then I would extend it out at that time. It is almost silent, so at 70 yards I wouldn't be concerned about sound spooking a bull.

This past Spring, the carbon shaft of the main tube cracked right at the base. This was probably my fault. When fully extended, the height of the stab makes it very convenient to point the bow straight down at your feet and rest the weight of the bow on the ground. I found myself doing this at the range a lot to keep my bow arm fresh. Probably shouldn't do that.

I ended up ordering the next model down as a replacement, 821 (I think). It is great too, but I feel like i shot a little better with the longer stab. I called them up about the broken part and they shipped me out a replacement piece the next day, should arrive in a day or so.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

bat-cave

WKR
I have been shooting the Crossroad 821 for the past ~6 weeks. So far so good. I've never played with shooting anything longer than a 12" BeeStinger, but I have found that my groups have improved at longer ranges with the stabilized extended. I plan to hunt with it later this month, so we will see. I tried the offset bracket for a backbar, but the weight isn't something I want to drag around the woods and packing a backbar has generally been a PITA for me.

OFFHNTN

WKR
I have shot the Crossover stabs all spring and summer and will hunt with them (front and rear bars) this fall.
I love the flexibility these offer to get your hold just how you want it.

OP
FlyGuy

FlyGuy

WKR
Bump. I just ordered one. Update on long term use?

Still have mine and still love it. I did have to replace it a couple years ago. I was resting the bow between shots on the fully extended stab (like a monopod) and the carbon eventually got weak near the threaded attachment from the side pressure. But I called up crossroads and they sent me a brand new one out free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i have had mine a year and a half, i dont just bow hunt but i do like to shoot lots. I like it, i dont run mine all the way out, leave the last stage collapsed, like another said its kinda silly but its super nice to hang on to when your bow is behind your neck

I got a crossover a few years ago. It’s a cool idea. I ended up with it coming apart in pieces when I was messing with it one day. It still works, but not exactly right. I just went back to a single bee stinger bar and haven’t bothered with it since. Great idea, but not necessary for me.

lnewton

Lil-Rokslider
I got a crossover a few years ago. It’s a cool idea. I ended up with it coming apart in pieces when I was messing with it one day. It still works, but not exactly right. I just went back to a single bee stinger bar and haven’t bothered with it since. Great idea, but not necessary for me.
Would you want to sell your older model? Do you think that the parts that came apart can be repaired?

Would you want to sell your older model? Do you think that the parts that came apart can be repaired?
Maybe. It’s a lot of plastic bushing type pieces that all fell out when I extended it. Seemed built kind of cheap. I’ll dig it out and PM you.