Anyone use a bipod while turkey hunting?

rtrevith

FNG
Anyone use a bipod while turkey hunting? I have been rolling around the idea of a sitting height bipod to keep the gun up while calling.

N2TRKYS

WKR
10-4. I know folks that have a mono pod that’s attached to their shotgun. They seem to like it.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I use shooting sticks, same purpose, but I like them better than a bipod attached to my gun. I switched from a sitting level bipod to shooting sticks for calling coyotes a while ago, just seemed to make sense for running and gunning turkeys as well.

Mine are stoney point steady sticks. Looks like they are no longer made, but primos and bog both make something similar.

Last edited:
My daughter uses a bog pod , but its a tripod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
Simple primos trigger stick monopod seems to work best for me. Allows the ability to roll or cant the stick with minimal movement while still remaining a solid shoulder mount. Also fairly light

OP
R

rtrevith

FNG
Thanks guys! I’m considering a sitting height Spartan bipod but it is still in the works at this point

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Shooting sticks make more sense to me than a bipod. Not sure I'd want a bipod attached to the gun if I need to swivel quickly and shoot.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

CAB

FNG
Not a bad idea, I run a roll out blind so I can get away with the movement of putting my gun on my knee or calling with my hands down. Just an idea since they are cheap and super light.

rclouse79

WKR
I just shoot off my knee. For my son in the blind I got a pair of the bipod trigger sticks. They seem pretty sweet.

MtnMuley

WKR
I bought a 20 Guage for letting gals and kids use that I drilled and glued a Spartan attachment in the foregrip. Can be used with the Javelin long legs for sitting or the Davros head I bought for a more stationary tripod.

OP
R

rtrevith

FNG
I bought a 20 Guage for letting gals and kids use that I drilled and glued a Spartan attachment in the foregrip. Can be used with the Javelin long legs for sitting or the Davros head I bought for a more stationary tripod.
Could you post a pic of your setup?

Jesus! Something else to carry!!!! Just shoot the damn turkey like men have been doing it for the past 100+ years! You guys are gear queers! I still love you though!