APA "The Answer" Muzzle Brake

buckeye07

FNG
I'm threading my Tikka T3x .300 WM and planning on running a APA Micro B brake on it. I spoke to the guys at APA and they suggested their The Answer brake instead. Although it was designed for the AR crowd, they claimed it reduced recoil better and with the adjustable top ports it eliminates all muzzle rise for faster follow-up shots.

Looking for feeback from anyone who has used The Answer on their hunting rifle.

Lawnboi

WKR
Interested to hear as well. I have a gen 2 micro bastard on a CA Mesa 300 win mag. Works very well, but even less recoil would be nice.

APA makes a good product

I wonder what the OD is of the answer? The micro looks fine on my .680 Od barrel. I know tikka lites are even a bit skinnier. I can’t stand the look of a huge brake on a pencil barrel

OP
B

buckeye07

FNG
Interested to hear as well. I have a gen 2 micro bastard on a CA Mesa 300 win mag. Works very well, but even less recoil would be nice.

APA makes a good product

I wonder what the OD is of the answer? The micro looks fine on my .680 Od barrel. I know tikka lites are even a bit skinnier. I can’t stand the look of a huge brake on a pencil barrel

According to APA, The Answer brake has the same OD as the Micro Bastard (.750). The Answer is 2.2" and 2.2 ounces compared to 1.85" and 1.8 ounces for the Micro B. Being that the specs are so close, I'm leaning towards trying The Answer.

I agree with you - huge brakes on sporter barrels look awful. Unfortunately the Tikka's have a .620 OD so options are limited.

2five7

WKR
Haven't used one, but it looks awesome. I wish they offered a 5/8" model for my x-bolt. Their videos where they put it on an Abolt is pretty hilarious

According to APA, The Answer brake has the same OD as the Micro Bastard (.750). The Answer is 2.2" and 2.2 ounces compared to 1.85" and 1.8 ounces for the Micro B. Being that the specs are so close, I'm leaning towards trying The Answer.

I agree with you - huge brakes on sporter barrels look awful. Unfortunately the Tikka's have a .620 OD so options are limited.
Take a look at the terminator t1, very lite, short and small diameter20190117_115141.jpg