Sold APR built 6.5 PRC - Defiance Anti-X, Manners LRH, Hawkins Hunter DBM, 22" Brux Fluted Barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfulback32

FNG
Classified Approved
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Up for sale is my 6.5 PRC built by Alamo Precision Rifles. It has ~10 rounds through it, with a 5 shot group with Norma match ammo at 0.51". Here are the build details:

Current asking price: $3,800 or best offer

Defiance Anti X short mag
Triggertech Diamond 2 stage
Brux 6.5 blank- APR contour (see pics for contour details)
APR - Fluting
APR - 6.5 PRC chamber
APR - 5/8 x 24 muzzle
Area 419 Hellfire
Manners LRH w/ mini chassis
APR - bedding
APR - KG gunkote bolt, cerakote action and barrel
Hawkins precision hunter short action
(2) Hawkins flush fit PRC / WSM mag
(1) MDT 7 rd PRC mag

Backstory: the rifle started as a 300 WSM built by Alamo Precision Rifles, which I just couldn't get to shoot. I shot about 100 rounds trying different factory ammo and reloads. APR then shot it and confirmed that we got the 1 in a million bad barrel from a very well known barrel maker. At that point, I had already bought a replacement 300 WSM rifle for my upcoming Nilgai hunt. APR made everything right, and rebarreled the rifle at no cost. I decided to go with a 6.5 PRC with the intention of selling the rifle since I already bought a replacement 300 WSM. I took it to the range to confirm all was well with the new barrel, and it's a shooter (completely different than the old barrel). I stacked 3 rounds during zeroing, and then shot a 5 shot group at 0.51" with off the shelf Norma ammo. The barrel has about 12 rounds on it, and action right around 100 rounds on it.

I was very tempted to keep this one... at 7 lbs 4 oz and 22", it is very handy and very accurate. It would make a great hunting rifle, or maybe an NRL light build, but I have a few 6.5 creedmoor guns at this point, and I don't think I want to add another caliber to my reloading setup. I might duplicate this in a creedmoor someday... So, I am putting this out there and seeing if someone might want to take it off my hands.

Replacement cost and everything that is included is listed below. I know I won't get that price of course, but providing it for reference.

Feedback: I have feedback on Snipershide, ar15.com, and ebay going back many years with this username. These days, best practice is for us to facetime / zoom call before money changes hands, and I am more than happy to do that. I can show you the rifle, confirm I'm real, answer questions, etc.

Any other questions, let me know! Thanks!

IMG_5650.jpegIMG_5658.jpegIMG_5657.jpeg
build details.png
IMG_5642.jpegIMG_5653.jpegIMG_5643.jpegIMG_5645.jpegIMG_5654.jpeg

Last edited:

SloppyJ

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Solid deal. This should make someone a great rifle. I just put together almost the same thing but in 6 creed. If I didn't do that, I'd be all over this one.

Darryle

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Where are you located?

I have an APR 6.5 Creedmoor in a LRH except with a Proof Sendero Lite, this might be the perfect big brother for that rifle

OP
C

cfulback32

FNG
Classified Approved
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dallas - not too far from you! I will send you a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.