Arca on Gunwerks Clymr

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
Have a new BA coming, long action. I have one Clymr. I like it, almost wish the forend was longer. I would like any stock that I get to have a short arca rail for tripod mounting. I wish Manners PH had a negative comb, then it would be the clear winner. I also wish McMillan's new stock did not have the monte carlo comb, I also have not been the biggest fan of their grips. I've never tried an Alterra, but that may be an option.

Back full circle, with the limited space on a Clymr, has anyone put an arca rail on a Clymr? How is it? How was it installed?

Sevens

WKR
I bought one that had an Arca attachment on it. It was one of the older “heavier” ClymR stocks, not the current rendition that are coming in around 26 ounces.

There is an aluminum spine in the forend that two holes were drilled into. The Arca was attached to that. I did not keep the rail on it though as it didn’t have purpose in the way I hunt. Pulled and filled the holes with epoxy.

OP
M

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
Any ideas if the newer Clymr’s have that aluminum spin? Sounds similar to the AGs that have the aluminum through it to drill and tap.

Was it comfortable to hand carry? Or sounds like you may not have even had it on enough to form an opinion?

Sevens

WKR
New stocks do not have the aluminum rib, they’re fairly hallowed out in the forend, but would imagine you could put a small aluminum support in there to attach a rail to and epoxy it into the stock. Would be similar to how they do the rail.

Can’t comment on carry feel with the rail, it was pulled pretty much immediately upon receiving it. I think it would have bothered me as that’s about where my hand rests when I carry them.

Great stocks though, have 3 of them.