ARCA PLATE FOR LONG RANGE SHOOTING

Mine is a first gen anvil, and I cannot rotate the lever more than 90°, it's solid all the way through to the other side. If I rotate the level, the other side rotates too.
So I had to dig mine out and see how it works. If you open the lever, hold it against the head, and push on the moveable jaw on either side of the round nut, it should push out of the moveable jaw. It has a rubber o-ring holding it in place and then I was able to adjust tension.

khuber84

WKR
So I had to dig mine out and see how it works. If you open the lever, hold it against the head, and push on the moveable jaw on either side of the round nut, it should push out of the moveable jaw. It has a rubber o-ring holding it in place and then I was able to adjust tension.
Does it look like this on the opposite side of clamp? I removed the oring. However it all appears to be one machined piece across to the lever. The lil spring shim in there appears to be what gives the preset amount of clamp tension as they'll compress only so much before there's no more give and it clocks up.
20210626_091942.jpg

mm509

FNG
Arca is all I run, but it is also what I know and am comfortable with. I run the KRG lightweight arca rails (10"-12"). All of my bipods have Arca top clamps, as that is what I run on my competition rifles, so it only made sense to have Arca plates on everything as well.

I can't say one is better than the other, but having something is definitely better than nothing.

I like the lack of movement during recoil with Picatinny, but the infinite adjustment capability with Arca is also nice.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love arca rails. Not necessarily for tripod shooting though. More for attachments and wider base. If I’m shooting off a tripod, I typically use a bag on top of tripod. With that said, for hunting we shall see! No bag is less weight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khuber84

WKR
I really like the Henderson precision 12" rail on my rifle, light weight as well. Ken @ Salmon River Solutions makes awesome stuff, however the longest rail he has is 10".

BWB

FNG
ARCA ForTheWin!! You won't regret it.

PM me your cell # and I'll text you some photos of a couple options for running a tripod.

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
On my match rifles i run full length arca rails mainly for bipod adjustment, on my hunting rifles i have picked up a ton of the cheap arca adaptive rails from Amazon and mounted them right in from of my mag opening and they have been awesome

this one is on an AR for yote hunting but i do the same on my bolt actions

Attachments

• CC023B1F-1351-4EE3-B52D-D920E9034A92.jpeg
    CC023B1F-1351-4EE3-B52D-D920E9034A92.jpeg
    312.7 KB · Views: 43