Arca Mounted Shooting Bags?

H80Hunter

WKR
The problem I’m trying to solve is longer shots out of a treestand with a shooting rail. I find that the rail just isn’t at the perfect height… I bought a Caldwell bag that velcros over the shooting rail and it is OK.

Was wondering, I have a rifle with a pic rail and arca rail on the underside. Anything exist that does what I want?

I’m looking at some products like this:

Figure get into the stand, clamp the bag on the arca rail and use that for some extra support on longer shots. Anyone have any experience with anything like this?

Attachments

• IMG_2806.jpeg
    IMG_2806.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 24

Lawnboi

WKR
I would mount a 2x4 to the rail and use a regular front bag if that’s an option.

Those on rifle small shooting bags are a hair more stable than hard on hard but far from a real front bag. Plus you’re dealing with it if you’re not shooting off the rail.

Personally even if you were just using the rail I’d go with a pint sized game changer, probably sand if you’re not going far, and slap it on the rail.

Macintosh

WKR
I might consider adding a stop-bolt to the rail on your stand so the rail sits higher? If its a standard ladder stand I think it would be pretty easy to do.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is a lightweight solution designed for hunters. Gives lots of ARCA options with the clamp and double sided plate included.