Archery Blacktail?

Hoping to chase blacktails next year (2017) basically anywhere besides where I really want to which is Alaska (someday!)

I hunt with a longbow, and get my fair share of treestand stuff in, would like spot and stalk only.

Thinking Western Washington somewhere?

Did it for a number of years in western Washington with a recurve. Then I had to move to Kansas. It's doable, just need to keep after them!

Clarktar

WKR
Jacob, have you looked at the non resident prices here in WA? Pretty steep in my opinion for the quality of the deer...

OR Archer

WKR
Southern Oregon if you are wanting to do a spot and stalk hunt. You can hunt during the rut on a general archery tag. Good genetics in the southern part of the state and decent deer numbers. Pressure can be high in some areas but if you're willing to work a little you can still find great hunting. A GPS with a chip would be highly advised. Calling can work really well that time of year also.

Bob b

FNG
Or archer is spot on, southern Oregon is more conducive to glossing with open terrain. The further north you go in western Oregon it turns into a jungle. Don't overlook still hunting for them in the jungle can be fun and productive and maybe get away from pressure down south

I think you could do Kodiak for just a few grand all in, including all flights. Especially if you have the gear already. And you will see way more deer there than anywhere in Washington or other places down there in America that have blacktails, which is usually a good thing when hunting with a longbow.

northern California has some pretty large blacktails, and quite a few if you know where to look. if you decide to go this route, shoot me a PM and i can point in in some good directions.

NR general OTC tag you can hunt AUG-Sept season and the Nov-Dec time frame in the Rut. Fairly affordable and you have A TON of area to hunt. the Nov/Dec is just western OR hunt but still a good time. Alot of guys tree stand hunt these critters. Rattling and calling alwo work well when the bucks are rutted up and stupid. They pretty much go nocturnal about first of Oct then come out after early Nov as the rains and rut kicks in.