Archery Club ideas

Jimbob

WKR
I am a new president at my local archery club and I'm looking for ideas from you guys.

What does your club do or what do you wish your club would do? Any ideas to generate revenue? Ideas to get business' involved?

What we have:

Great practice range that extends to 100+ yds.
Clubhouse with kitchen
Outdoor firepit and eating area
Kids park
Lots of trails for 3D and field targets.
50+ 3d targets
Beautiful grounds with large lawns (takes 6+ hrs on a large rider to cut it all)
archery equipment for juniors/new archers

I used to be an officer at an archery club with 40+ 3d targets.

We had monthly open shoots to the public. Members would volunteer to run these shoots and get reduced membership rates.
We also had an annual trad shoot. I know nothing about trad archery but we had 100+ people show up to this event dressed in all sorts of attire. We set up some moving targets for them. It was a blast to watch and we brought in a lot of $ and interest to the club.

The 3d shoots use to be pretty popular here, stuff has fallen off some and I know a local club that is making more from leaving the targets out all summer and doing a pay as you come shoot. Rearrange them every two weeks. Let guys get together on their own time frame and walk thru and shoot.

If nothing else might be something to do with your old targets. Little bottles of bleach seems to keep the bear from them.

Rob5589

WKR
I am a new president at my local archery club and I'm looking for ideas from you guys.

What does your club do or what do you wish your club would do? Any ideas to generate revenue? Ideas to get business' involved?

What we have:

Great practice range that extends to 100+ yds.
Clubhouse with kitchen
Outdoor firepit and eating area
Kids park
Lots of trails for 3D and field targets.
50+ 3d targets
Beautiful grounds with large lawns (takes 6+ hrs on a large rider to cut it all)
archery equipment for juniors/new archers
Dude, sign me up! Sounds great. My local range is mostly worn out hay bales and overgrowth.

A broadhead only range would be great to see.

Reactions: ZDR

ZDR

WKR
Your club sounds really amazing overall. Not much I can add overall but my local club does some great 3Ds including a ‘key’ shoot which is the annual membership renewal/signup. Really nice family event.

Rodéo

WKR
Hunting specific positions for shooting (awkward angles - low and high, right and left, etc), bow press if you don't already have one (that was a big part of the reason I joined my local club), and a broadhead only range would be great! Maybe have members pitch in a little extra to upgrade targets to matrix? I'm thinking of proposing this to my club soon.

OR Archer

WKR
If you have equipment hold some intro to archery classes. Include a one year membership to the club with the class. You can do kids classes and adults. Be a good way to safely bring in new members and get them started right.

aron

WKR
lights for shooting outdoors and indoors
bow press, scale, arrow saw, levels, etc.
multiple broadhead specific targets (my range has one and when it is close to season you are having to wait in line)
wall of shame for all the broken arrows recovered
ways for members to provide their time for maintenance to keep there membership costs down
classes for new and young archers

Barrel for all the lost/broken arrows!

Unbroken arrows to be claimed by owner, broken arrows to be scrounged for any components.

Marble

WKR
For businesses to get involved (non archery but a volunteer program for hunting) we started started program to get kids hunting licenses, biology classes and a private hunt with a hunt leader. It started with a budget of about 5k and now runs between 20 and 30k yearly based off of donations from businesses and the community.

People will give a lot of money to getand keep youth involved. At sports shows, we routinely make between 2k and 3k from ruffling off guns. It all goes into the program.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I thought this would be fun for everyone when I first saw it, kids and wives would like the glow in the dark, guys would enjoy shooting at moving targets. timestamp around 4:30 if the embed doesn't work