archery

Did you get a Sawtooth tag?
They go on sale the 13th. I will be ready at the computer and am planning on getting it. If it doesn't work out I have a backup general tag plan but I'm concentrating on Unit 34 until then.

I'll update on the 13th on the tag. I understand the concern but I'm staying positive and trying to throw together a decent plan for all my options. Even if it doesn't work out this year I still am learning an unfamiliar area at the very least for the future.

Hit me up if you get the tag, I can give you some pointers. You won't get much response on a thread especially giving exact locations you're looking at.

These are the threads that ruin areas
[/QUOTE
Maybe I was too specific, my bad, I don't want anyone to spill their secrets on here i am mainly looking for just how many other hunters human pressure will be out and about that time of year. just seems like a busy area for recreation of all sorts.

Well, military complications have forced me to be home in August instead of September which threw out the Sawtooth tag. Looking at possibility of the Snake River Zone which seems to be only OTC so early, but doesn't seem very promising that early without shelling out money to landowners to hunt hayfields.

Well, military complications have forced me to be home in August instead of September which threw out the Sawtooth tag. Looking at possibility of the Snake River Zone which seems to be only OTC so early, but doesn't seem very promising that early without shelling out money to landowners to hunt hayfields.
Non res elk tags are all gone. Same with deer.

I'm not familiar with the Snake River Zone but anywhere elk are on ag there's a decent chance that they are bouncing around to the public nearby, as long as the public isn't pressured real hard. Elk in the desert and lowland areas seem to often be bouncing around the ag to some degree or another.

I'm not familiar with the Snake River Zone but anywhere elk are on ag there's a decent chance that they are bouncing around to the public nearby, as long as the public isn't pressured real hard. Elk in the desert and lowland areas seem to often be bouncing around the ag to some degree or another.
Yes. Im gonna look into it a bit h just not familiar at all with the area. Might make a few calls and see if I can gather any intel

Damn, sorry to hear about the sawtooth tag. I was able to pick one up this year. I have hunted there the past two seasons. Seems a lot of the pressure in that unit is around Bear Valley. You can always try to obtain a sawtooth tag via the tag exchange. I think IDFG also said the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, tags that people turn in go on sale.

Edit: Sorry just realized that you couldn't hunt sawtooth due to military restrictions.

Back