Are City Firefighters Overpaid?

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
I remember a few natural disasters back home where the armed forces were deployed and saved lives and preserved countless structures.

Some owners would later complain on the news that the army ONLY saved their houses but didn't help with the clean up after... Same type of people who complain about firefighters grocery shopping or working out on duty, with a radio, ready to respond within a moment's notice.

Wait until these people find out FF sleep on the job too... o_O
Hunted with a fireboy once.
He and a bunch of his fellow firemen headed down to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
Naw'lins was full up with folks helpin',, so they were sent over to help in the clean-up in Mississippi.
Out in a rural area, Pat and his buddies found the locals had already pretty much cleaned up and were inviting them in. Everywhere they went, they tried to feed them and fix them meals to eat on the road.
Pat said he never felt so useless in his life!

After Harvey ripped up east Texas, they sent the Nat'l Guard to clear the highways north of Houston.
The Nat'l Guard found the highways cleared, wood cut up and neatly stacked for pulp wood haulers to take to the International Paper plant up in Diboll, TX.

Resilient folks don't need help, but they will help you all they can!

id450

WKR
What city is giving 20% contracts? I’m sure there’s a few with some serious cash that may. As a 25+ yr man for a decent sized all risk agency I can tell you that is not normal. I just got a 10% raise after 7 years , plus inflation with Biden, do the math. And my county has money if they wanted to. So no, thats not the norm at all. I don’t think fireman should be ridiculously compensated but it is dangerous at times , can’t unsee alot, takes a ton of training to be a jack all trades, fires, wildland, hazmat, usar , water rescue, EMS, technical rescue etc…anyway not norm, public servants are usually the enemy. Good question, get they rumor mill squashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk