Are we at war ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I turn on the news and it sounds like the US Navy is busy defending its self and others from Iran backed Houthi forces . Taking out over a 100 drones since october . Also multiple missiles fired at ships that have been shot down . Am i missing something here or is this business as usual ?

22lr

WKR
BLUF: We will be soon, its likely unavoidable at this point. Best case scenario it doesn't involve straight up fighting Iran, but will likely need to strike the Houthis in some manner. Best resource for daily updates is probably here, https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone

grfox92

WKR
I turn on the news and it sounds like the US Navy is busy defending its self and others from Iran backed Houthi forces . Taking out over a 100 drones since october . Also multiple missiles fired at ships that have been shot down . Am i missing something here or is this business as usual ?
Not yet....

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

OP
G
Hezbollah attacks Erbil airbase injuring American service members. US airstrikes on hezbollah in Iraq

There have always been military actions outside of war, which can only be declared by congress.

With modern tech and surveillance we have a lot more information instantly available where as before it was a lot easier to censor and conceal information from the public

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
It was just a 20 year military action, not a real war....

:D
You’re not wrong….

However, for those of us that committed the better part of our young adult lives fighting there, it sure felt like a real war.

To the OP, we’ve been in a proxy war with Russia for two years. We’ve been fighting a proxy war against Iran (and Russia to an extent) since 2014 (Iraq and Syria). Do I see some paths that could lead us back into open conflict in the Middle East? Yes. Let’s hope that our strategic-level leaders play their cards right.

BBob

WKR
If so, and you bad guys are reading this....you can find Jay inslee here....and he's super critical to America...

Description says 1.5 bath and 688sq ft. WTH? :ROFLMAO:

2531usmc

WKR
You’re not wrong….

However, for those of us that committed the better part of our young adult lives fighting there, it sure felt like a real war.

To the OP, we’ve been in a proxy war with Russia for two years. We’ve been fighting a proxy war against Iran (and Russia to an extent) since 2014 (Iraq and Syria). Do I see some paths that could lead us back into open conflict in the Middle East? Yes. Let’s hope that our strategic-level leaders play their cards right.
The issues that are at play across the world are precisely because the American citizens, our allies, and our adversities have no confidence (or fear) in “our strategic level leaders”.

They have let us down, and let us down dramatically, across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.