Argali Carbon Knife- DIY Sheath Attachment

Here's my DIY sheath attachment system for the Argali Carbon Knife. I'm very pleased with it considering all I used was leftover webbing and paracord from other projects. Sewing these small loops is tough, but doable. There's just not much space to work around the presser foot, so watch your fingers!

The paracord secures the sewn webbing loops to the Kydex sheath, so that when you pull the knife from the sheath, the sheath stays on your belt with zero give. If I add anything else, it will be something to keep the knife from inadvertently pulling out of the sheath from say a snag on a branch or something. This knife will only be used to process game in the field, so the only time I'll have it on my belt is when I'm cutting on an animal out in the field. The rest of the time it will be in my pack.
4.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

22lr

WKR
Pretty slick looking attachment! For the weight nerd in me, how much weight did it add?

OP
A
Pretty slick looking attachment! For the weight nerd in me, how much weight did it add?

I’m not sure, maybe a half ounce. I didn’t weight the bare sheath before getting the loops attached to it. The total weight of the knife, sheath, and belt attachment system I made is 3.53oz. My knife by itself is 1.99 oz. even though Argali lists the knife on their website at 1.8oz. Their listed weight doesn’t include the kydex sheath though.

22lr

WKR
I’m not sure, maybe a half ounce. I didn’t weight the bare sheath before getting the loops attached to it. The total weight of the knife, sheath, and belt attachment system I made is 3.53oz. My knife by itself is 1.99 oz. even though Argali lists the knife on their website at 1.8oz. Their listed weight doesn’t include the kydex sheath though.

Very nice! Not bad at all.

Oregonboy

WKR
This is awesome. I'll have one of these very soon and will try to duplicate something like this.

What size webbing did you use?

Last edited:

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's my DIY sheath attachment system for the Argali Carbon Knife. I'm very pleased with it considering all I used was leftover webbing and paracord from other projects. Sewing these small loops is tough, but doable. There's just not much space to work around the presser foot, so watch your fingers!

The paracord secures the sewn webbing loops to the Kydex sheath, so that when you pull the knife from the sheath, the sheath stays on your belt with zero give. If I add anything else, it will be something to keep the knife from inadvertently pulling out of the sheath from say a snag on a branch or something. This knife will only be used to process game in the field, so the only time I'll have it on my belt is when I'm cutting on an animal out in the field. The rest of the time it will be in my pack.
View attachment 222122
View attachment 222123
View attachment 222124
View attachment 222125
I like it! Looks great.

CoMtnMike

FNG
Looks good. I had thought about the bolt on clip option but not light... How do you like the knife for long skinning butchering use? I was considering buying the carbon or the BM Steep country... not decided yet. But my home built enzo trapper and G10 scales is foolishly heavy in comparison to either...

OP
A
Looks good. I had thought about the bolt on clip option but not light... How do you like the knife for long skinning butchering use? I was considering buying the carbon or the BM Steep country... not decided yet. But my home built enzo trapper and G10 scales is foolishly heavy in comparison to either...
Unfortunately, I didn't punch my WY mule deer tag this season, so I haven't had a chance to use the knife yet. I expect I'll be more than happy with it though.