ARGALI RINCON 2P Tent.....it is in my hands.

tracker12

WKR
Just to change subjects for a minute how do you like the Klymit pad. Thats the Static V right?

Yaada_205

FNG
Just to change subjects for a minute how do you like the Klymit pad. Thats the Static V right?
I like mine a lot. I can adjust the amount of air in it for comfort levels. It rolls up nicely when deflated to be packed.

I have been considering to change though to a packable foam one like the Nemo Switchback as Randy (mtnrunner) said he uses in addition with the Static V. The reason for me is that I have yet to get a hole puncture and I know the day has to be coming. But I think some tenacious tape would seal the hole temporarily.

Also the Nemo would be much faster on those exhausted dark nights, to just throw it down and then pack it up at 5 am when I'm on elk. The static V takes a little longer as I have to do a bunch of exhaling air to inflate...and then sit and smash and roll it unroll it a few times to get it to deflate. When you're exhausted for me, I'm looking for something easier and quicker to deal with. But then again to get the comfort of the Static V might just be best to deal with those little added steps.

Hope that helps give you some better insight.

Randy - what size tarp and what's the weight of it? How packable is that size wise? I use a gortex bivy sometimes and I was thinking of using that but I'm sure it's going to be heavier than a tarp or ground mat. This is all for a Sept elk hunt.

Yaada_205

FNG
It would be interesting to see a field comparison of the Argali and the Durston xMid.....not that there's a chance that someone has both considering the availability :)
Dang! You now just added to my dilema! Hahaha this might actually be what I am looking for - seems like a cross between the Mountain Star and Rincon! Sucks that I need this for Sept and looks like Durston 2p not available closer to Oct.

Nice looking tent and great trip! Cool to see someone hiking up to take advantage of those fish hopper stocking drops 👍

rideold

WKR
Dang! You now just added to my dilema! Hahaha this might actually be what I am looking for - seems like a cross between the Mountain Star and Rincon! Sucks that I need this for Sept and looks like Durston 2p not available closer to Oct.
I know, right? On paper, I like the Durston quite a bit but it's just not available. The Argali looks like a good option but it sure would be nice to see both side by side.

Sammymusi

WKR
Hey guys guess who has both of them ! Haha my tipi should be here today. I have the xmid and used it on a spike Hunt in Montana. I think it’s an awesome shelter just really wanna try the floorless. Once I get time I will set both up and take some photos for reference side by side. I’m liking the fact that you can take the stove jack on and off and I think this one is going to come with me to Wyoming in September.

Yaada_205

FNG
Hey guys guess who has both of them ! Haha my tipi should be here today. I have the xmid and used it on a spike Hunt in Montana. I think it’s an awesome shelter just really wanna try the floorless. Once I get time I will set both up and take some photos for reference side by side. I’m liking the fact that you can take the stove jack on and off and I think this one is going to come with me to Wyoming in September.
For the Rincon what do you use as a ground sheet to protect your pad/sleep on?
Definitely would love to see the side by side comparison!

rideold

WKR
Grand! Sounds like you're on the hook for an in-depth test/review/comparison! Have you never just used your xmid floorless/without the inner?

Sammymusi

WKR
Haha I don’t want the pressure !! I haven’t tried it but that’s what I wanted to do and compare the 2 and see which one I like best

Sammymusi

WKR
Tent has arrived ! Looks awesome I didn’t get more than a few seconds to hold it in my hands but I’ll try and have some pics before end of next week of the 2 side by side and what my likes / dislikes are for each

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Here are a couple of videos showing how to pitch the Rincon in zero draft or elevated/airflow mode:

Reactions: j33
OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
A couple of guys asked me to do a comparison between the kuiu mountainstar 2p and the Argali Rincon 2p since I have both. So...........
Went down to the local B and B being their the only ones who have grass around here.
Set both tents up side by side and did some measurements. 20220710_114137.jpg20220710_114155.jpg

Front width.....argali 74" kuiu......53"
Length. .....argali 107 " kuiu.....82"

I then set them up and the middle width and height measurements are with the tents pitched.
20220710_120035.jpg20220710_120050.jpg20220710_120117.jpg20220710_120124.jpg20220710_120144.jpg20220710_120208.jpg

Middle width.....argali......87" kuiu.....104"
Height.......argali....55" kuiu.....43"

Since I've now set the argali up a few times, it seems to like the 2nd hole on the adjustable section on the center pole.

20220710_122153.jpg

Randy