Argali Rincon

Anyone have experience with the Argali Rincon? Would love to hear some feedback on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent used mine yet. Set it up a few times.
Weight is great. Room is decent. Saves a lot of space in my pack.

Drenalin

WKR

BDRam16

WKR
Haven’t backcountried mine yet but very impressed with the construction. Super light, very packable, incredibly fast and easy to set up. Palace for 1, room for 2 if you’re going that route. Would be tight with two and gear in a rainstorm. I would bring a tarp if doubling up and leave your packs outside.

OP
Jackets307
Haven’t backcountried mine yet but very impressed with the construction. Super light, very packable, incredibly fast and easy to set up. Palace for 1, room for 2 if you’re going that route. Would be tight with two and gear in a rainstorm. I would bring a tarp if doubling up and leave your packs outside.

That’s kind of what I was thinking, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cream45

FNG
I used mine all last year and have come to love it. Running a floorless shelter was probably the biggest change as I used to use a Tarptent Moment which is still a great backcountry tent in my opinion. The amount of extra floor space in the Rincon 2 feels like a palace once you get the pitch figured out. Overall I and happy with the tent and plan to use it this year as well.

zippe444

FNG
I took mine to alaska last september it was tight for two people with gear but it can be done.

Sammymusi

WKR
I spiked out in mine a 2 seasons ago in Wyoming. It was my first time going floorles.. while it was awesome the condensation irritated me in the mornings, however it was probably the way I set it up and or lack of experience with it. But man that thing was incredibly roomy !!

The nest will help a little bit with condensation from my experiences. It essentially just puts a barrier between you and the tent which can help from rolling sleeping bag into the tent.

I didnt use the nest when I did Colorado last summer. I got rain one night and a lot of condensation. I simply used a swedish cloth, a sponge would work, and I woke up at 2 am to do a quick wipe down. Worked great and didnt need to carry any extra weight.

Peytb10

FNG
I didnt use the nest when I did Colorado last summer. I got rain one night and a lot of condensation. I simply used a swedish cloth, a sponge would work, and I woke up at 2 am to do a quick wipe down. Worked great and didnt need to carry any extra weight.
Any issues with dripping on your bag or would it just just down the walls

Any issues with dripping on your bag or would it just just down the walls
Mostly down the walls. The tent is large enough that I dont touch either end at 5'11" on a pad that is 72". A few drops got on me but even without waterproof down in my bag it would not have been enough to bother me.
I understand the apprehension. Going to a system like this is a step towards weight reduction. The downsides of drips and no nest are not so bad that it makes it not worth it. I literally dropped 3.5 lbs from my pack and save a ton of room. The trade off was well worth it. You may get wet a time or tow. Then you will have learned enough to make it work for you.