Argali Tent and Stove

Stocky

FNG
Hey guys,

Just had a Absoroka and stove show up from Argali. Set it up to burn it in and really struggling to get the fire to burn really hot. I used some old dry wood from off the ranch bit it's definitely not roaring and seems to be building up a fair bit of black gunk (creosote I think). I would guess the woods very dry (can it be too dry?) but I loaded it up almost 3 hours ago and its still just embers burning away.

Looking for any advice. Was going to let it burn out and check if the spark arrestor is maybe blocked but seems strange to me.

Thanks in advance

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
I recently got into the packable stove game, we started the fire and kept feeding it with the door off and damper wide open until it was roaring away. Found if you close the door and damper before there's enough coals it will burn to rich and just smolder. Once we had a good bed of coals in there we packed it full of bigger chunks, slapped the door on and opened the damper for a couple minutes and let it buck then closed the damper back up and got about 3.5 hours out of it.