Aron Snyder, Doug Rosin "RosinBag" and Tim Gillinghams Live Hunt

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We are backpacking with weapons at the moment......

Heading to another area for the last couple days and hopefully we can get Doug a bull!

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck to you guys, look forward to the news of a harvest. Had to be back today, struck out in the end. Thanks for the gear recommendations as the two items I adopted worked perfectly. Dave

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hiked all day to this area...haven't been here in a few years, but it was good before :)

Last chance for us, but we're giving it all we got!

Hopefully there's a little luck in the air and the hunting goods smile on us....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348265126107.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348265126107.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 271
OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Had them screaming last night. ,..

Doug had a 3x3 at12 yards, but. Couldn't see the big boy at 40.

Nothing this morning, so we're sitting on a wallow now.

Gonna hunt to tonight and pack out in the dark if we down kill anything.

Doug's going Beast Mode right now...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348333734745.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348333734745.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 287
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348333747443.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348333747443.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 274

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The last night was uneventful as we had wind in every direction every few minutes. We had a quick dinner and packed up and headed out. We hunted 9 days straight from five trailheads. With that we only had called in elk four times, with no shot opportunities on legal bulls. We did manage to hike a ton of country and it was a good trip none the less.

For those of you that have not hunted with Aron and may not believe he is a machine hiking in the mountains, he is. I don't even think I saw him sweat on any of the uphill climbs, while I was gasping and sweating most of the time.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good time for sure. Tim was also good to be around, he hunts hard and is a wealth of archery information. Talking to him about technical stuff made me rethink some of my target bow set up.

Doj4Whlr

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to hear you had a good trip despite the harvest (or absence of). It sounds like you guys really stuck it to it and put out the effort. It's always great to be in the field with good guys.

bowuntr

WKR
Outstanding recap.... you guys are animals. Trips like this just push all of us harder. Elk don't have a chance next year... Ed F

joehunter8301

Lil-Rokslider
Doug, sorry to hear you didnt stick one. I know it wasnt from lack of trying. Hope the next trip works out better for ya. Doing any more hunts this year?

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to work through end of deer season around here. I will do plenty of predator hunting and will try to get out and do some bear hunting in November.