Arrow Build - Advice Wanted

Badger 5

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

I swapped out 60lb limbs on my Martin Maxx 32 for the 70lb limbs.....and now my arrows are underspined. I decided to go with the black eagle Renegade 250s. After reading some different forums I plan on avoiding using the half outs that come with these arrows. I will be using this setup for elk and whitetails.

Bow Specs:
70# Martin Maxx 32
29 inch draw
30 inch arrows
BE Renegade 250 shafts
4 fletch blazer vanes

Keeping in mind I may be slightly overspined (black eagle recommended I go with the 250s), what would you put upfront for insert and broadhead weight?

Here are a few options I have looked into:

Brass HIT inserts (50 grains with 100grain broadhead: total arrow weight 505gr

BE FOCOS outserts: 80 grains with 100grain head. Total arrow weight: 535.

I know there are other options, including adding collars to the HIt system and 125gr heads.

The bow:
0bfa754e5360235b624b7670f0b61f3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d consider ethics archery half outs. You can get them in stainless or aluminum, and can get sleeves as well. I can’t remember the weights off the top of my head, but I use the stainless without sleeves and have the ability to trim them to sizes from 55 to 100 grains. I have 12 and all of them spin true with any broadhead on the end of them. They have a wide assortment that you can check out on their site

You could easily run up to 350 grains in the front of that. When I was shooting my Elite E35 at 68lb I shot some BE .250 spine arrow (Rampages and X-impacts) with anywhere from 260 grains to 320 grain up front, if I am doing my math correctly. For an outsert system I highly suggest Ethics Archery. I have used these in BE Renegades, Victory VAPS, BE X-Impacts with great success. The durability test I have done on them (Aluminum post/stainless footer and Stainless post/stainless footer) have been shooting into concrete and they all hold up well.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    167.6 KB · Views: 23
I just went with Easton Axis 5mm. Incredible arrow. Could not be more happy. I was skeptical but they are easy to build and tune.

I’d shoot Easton Axis, and you are over spined for sure, but run the HIT inserts and can use BAR collars, or even better get some slip over collars, like Iron Will ones, adds more support and more weight, help with the spining issue. Really like the HIT system, found that most people that have issues don’t take the time and install them correctly. Done a lot of side by side testing on HIT vs Outserts, not saying there aren’t great outsert systems out there, but against bricks the HIT with sleeve usually out perform.

I’d shoot Easton Axis, and you are over spined for sure, but run the HIT inserts and can use BAR collars, or even better get some slip over collars, like Iron Will ones, adds more support and more weight, help with the spining issue. Really like the HIT system, found that most people that have issues don’t take the time and install them correctly. Done a lot of side by side testing on HIT vs Outserts, not saying there aren’t great outsert systems out there, but against bricks the HIT with sleeve usually out perform.

So if I add a collar or some more weight up front I would be spines correctly? The guys at BE told me I was sorta in between, and had me go with the 250s

Sounds like the hits with some collars is the ticket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back