Arrowhead outfitters AK caribou ?

I also have a trip booked with them for 2024 as when I called in January 2022-2023 were already booked out. We will be going the 19th-29th of Aug. My sons 16th birthday, so I sure hope with all the positive info since the new owners took over, the reviews keep climbing, so far, I second everything said about Misty. She is a fireball! Super responsive and willing to help by any means. She sold me on the trip with her attitude and kindness. I hope all of you guys that are in the field this year send updates on how it goes!! Good luck in the field!!

Bluman001

FNG
I certainly plan on posting our experience with the hunt and what I learn about gear, logistics, what works and what doesnt and Im sure Arrowhead Outfitters will be a huge part of the story as well. It is the least I feel I could do. I can't add too much to this site as I only hunt whitetail deer, bear and occasional small game here in Arkansas. There doesnt seem to be much advice needed for that here lol. However, I have learned tons about what to expect, and gear recommendations here. That said, my expectations with an outfitter are the same as when I fish on charter boats. I expect courtesy, communication, hard work to put us in the best scenario to be successful and honesty. I know not every trip out ends in game or full fish box but if I feel like the operation worked hard and gave 100% to put you on fish or animals then they absolutely did their part. Ive never hired an outfitter but I have fished in AK quite a bit and had great and not so great experiences.
I truly appreciate Misty's enthusiasm and eagerness to answer questions and help us newbies out. She certainly sealed the deal on who we went with. My wife and I are blessed enough to travel from Arkansas to Alaska every summer and spend time looking and fishing, this will be the first time hunting for me there. I really expect to make great memories and have an epic time with my daughter and I will be surprised if AO disappoints. In my experience the enthusiasm, courtesy and professionalism exhibited by the "front of the house" (Misty) normally extends through the organization from the top down. Every bad review Ive seen on this company involved the prior owners name. And typically his piss poor attitude towards clients. I am very tempted to book a 2024 trip now but I guess the smart thing to do would be to go on this 2022 hunt first and see how it goes.

Bluman001

FNG
Ok. So we went out with AO as planned and had a great experience!! Mike,Danny, and the whole staff were great! Got is out a day early and in soon after our harvest as requested! They are running an efficient and professional operation and I will say you can book with confidence.
85E2299F-2D7F-4ABB-BB76-D3D507AD8BB9.jpeg

Also had a hunt with them this year. Top notch operation. Everyone at base camp was awesome and Misty was great when it came to pre hunt prep. Would highly recommend them!

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpeg
    IMG_1867.jpeg
    441.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1815.jpeg
    IMG_1815.jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 1D2062C9-3893-4E2F-B6D2-F18294B3698A.jpeg
    1D2062C9-3893-4E2F-B6D2-F18294B3698A.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 97

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Great stuff guys! I thought I saw earlier this year Alaska closed all caribou hunting to non sustenance hunters??

amateurhourhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am just wondering if anybody has used Arrowhead outfitters for a drop camp caribou hunt ?

My dad and I are going next year. Hunt is already booked. We were a little late booking so we didn’t get “prime time” dates but will be going early august.

We will be hunting north of the Brooks range. My dad is 73 and said we needed to do one last “epic trip” before he is unable to. He has not traveled much at all so I said we are going to Alaska !
I’m booking with them in 2024
Great stuff guys! I thought I saw earlier this year Alaska closed all caribou hunting to non sustenance hunters??
great to hear! I have a 2024 booked with them! Misty is very communicative and price was very reasonable considering rates nowadays.

JennB

FNG
I am just wondering if anybody has used Arrowhead outfitters for a drop camp caribou hunt ?

My dad and I are going next year. Hunt is already booked. We were a little late booking so we didn’t get “prime time” dates but will be going early august.

We will be hunting north of the Brooks range. My dad is 73 and said we needed to do one last “epic trip” before he is unable to. He has not traveled much at all so I said we are going to Alaska !
My husband and I just got back a week or so ago from our first DIY Caribou drop hunt with them (& our first hunt in Alaska, as well). Needless to say, we had a lot of questions. My husband’s cousin was supposed to be in our hunting party and had to cancel a few days prior due to a health concern, so we had a lot of scrambling to do in order to be ready, and Misty was extremely helpful! Met new owners Mike & Dan at base camp and they were very thorough with the orientation. Communication in the field was great. We tagged out several days early and were able to get on the schedule for extraction. Our pilot was excellent. Everything was really well done and we would love to go back. Saw tons of caribou and had an amazing experience. Would totally recommend them. Sounds like everyone else has had a similar experience under the new ownership. Hopefully the bad reviews from the past won’t haunt them and keep people from booking. They all did a great job.

ILIKEGEAR

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Here is our Caribou Hunt Review on Arrowhead Outfitters in the Northern Brooks Range. A key takeaway is that any review you see prior to 2019 is the old ownership. This review is from 2022 with Mike, Dan & Misty.

If you have any questions not covered in the review and would like an unbiased answer based on our experience, we will be happy to answer them.

buzzy

WKR
Here is our Caribou Hunt Review on Arrowhead Outfitters in the Northern Brooks Range. A key takeaway is that any review you see prior to 2019 is the old ownership. This review is from 2022 with Mike, Dan & Misty.

If you have any questions not covered in the review and would like an unbiased answer based on our experience, we will be happy to answer them.
Thank you for sharing the video. I know you didn’t have to do that. This review is EXCELLENT and what I would like to see in a review. I’ll have to reconsider these in the future as the one review I sat in on didn’t meet my expectations but this one is great.

DoubleA

FNG
For those that have hunted with Arrowhead—all things equal and assuming you could choose, what would you all say are the ideal dates for the northern brooks range hunt?