Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers FS?

DoubleA

FNG
This may be more of a WTB for the classifieds, but I figured this is probably a more pointed place for it. Hoping to do a float hunt for 'bous in the next five years and wondering if anyone has a copy of Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers by Michael Strahan that they'd be willing to part with? Name your price! (within reason). There was a copy on Ebay last week but I hesitated and it got snagged!

I'm actually booked for a hunt in 25 with Arrowhead in the NBR, but I wanted to start the planning for this adventure now. I spent several summers working in AK in college and have been back to climb in the Alaska Range, psyched to get back up and chase caribou around. Thanks in advance!

awhit13

FNG
I'm headed up in August to hunt the NBR with Arrowhead, been looking forward to it for a year and a half now. I too have my eye on a float trip hunt in the future. If you're able to locate multiple copies of that book I would love to snag one.

Htm84

WKR
You might try calling title wave books in ANC. They have a lot of Alaska themed books.

awhit13

FNG
I got a response from ANC, they do have a used copy in store, selling for $79.95.

Check your local libraries. There was another book about Elk in similar demand, $200+ on eBay if you could find it. My downtown library had it in stock, even transferred it to a closer branch to me for free.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Damn that book got expensive. I have a copy of it here, I don't remember paying anywhere near 80.00 for it. Mine is even a hard cover "collectors edition".

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'd try to reach the publisher since he has always controlled sales & distribution of Mike's book. Strahan told me he only made $0.75 a copy because he didn't read the fine print of Batin's publishing deal. Last I heard Chris was living in Talkeetna. I searched for a current Angler Publishing contact but only found his FB address and an Amazon link to his books:

I would never willingly give Batin any assistance for life support, but if there are copies still printed and unsold, he'd have them.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This may be more of a WTB for the classifieds, but I figured this is probably a more pointed place for it. Hoping to do a float hunt for 'bous in the next five years and wondering if anyone has a copy of Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers by Michael Strahan that they'd be willing to part with? Name your price! (within reason). There was a copy on Ebay last week but I hesitated and it got snagged!

I'm actually booked for a hunt in 25 with Arrowhead in the NBR, but I wanted to start the planning for this adventure now. I spent several summers working in AK in college and have been back to climb in the Alaska Range, psyched to get back up and chase caribou around. Thanks in advance!
Get this book, it’s better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 45

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If I may, since you mentioned my book, this one is much more in depth and modern for how-to stuff.

lb

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If I may, since you mentioned my book, this one is much more in depth and modern for how-to stuff.

lb
Yeah o know the new one is better, I just had the old one within reaching distance when I was posting.

OP
D

DoubleA

FNG
Thanks for the replies everyone! Was looking at Larry's book as well, will definitely pick up a copy.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Double, an old client of mine called today to say he saw this post and offered to sell his copy of Strahan's Float Hunting book. If anyone is interested shoot me a message and I'll pass along the seller's contact.

Check with your local library....they can search the system and request to loan the book typically for no charge.

OP
D

DoubleA

FNG
Hey Double, an old client of mine called today to say he saw this post and offered to sell his copy of Strahan's Float Hunting book. If anyone is interested shoot me a message and I'll pass along the seller's contact.
Thanks Larry! If you'd PM his contact I'd appreciate it!

lb
Do you have copies of your book here in town? If so, I'd love to save on the shipping and you a trip to the post office.

Southeast

FNG
I have a used copy (paperback - "revised edition") that I bought new back in 2019. $65 via Venmo if someone can use it.

Attachments

• IMG_6400.jpg
    IMG_6400.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 15

smg

FNG
I have a used copy (paperback - "revised edition") that I bought new back in 2019. $65 via Venmo if someone can use it.
I would be interested in purchasing the book from you. Let me know if you are still interested.

Southeast

FNG
I would be interested in purchasing the book from you. Let me know if you are still interested.
The book was spoken for in less than an hour. I probably should have kept it a few years longer to pay for my kids' college!