Asolo Boots

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running a pair of Asolo Sasslong boots for a few seasons and am very happy with them. They blew the Meindls away that I was using prior and left my other Danner Pronghorns in the dust. Haven't used Crispi so I can't give you that comparison. Mine did require a good insert to be comfortable and not result in foot soreness, almost like bruising, at the end of the day.

i have a pair of fugitives that i bought in 2012 that i've almost worn the soles flat on. not as a backpack hunting boot but just do all footwear. it's the most well made boot i've ever had. they need to be retired because they're getting a little funky inside. zero rind separation in all this time, not a stitch out of place, and still have the original laces. those boots don't owe me a thing. i can't speak to the current production quality though.

snakelk

WKR
I've been running a pair of Asolo Pumori GV mountaineering boots for 5 years, mainly for peak bagging and they're still going strong. I have a new pair of Scarpa Charmoz but I'm waiting to wear out the Asolo's before breaking those out. Mine have held up well, with no issues, and I've been impressed with the quality and comfort.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Asolo Ultras and used them for a late season elk hunt and they preformed very well. They are a high quality boot and show little wear after two late hunts. They are stiff enough to handle side hills, dont have hot spots, they dont leak, the leather is thick but soft. I like them better then Meindles I had. I did change the insert with one from SOLE.

I have a couple pair of Asolo's and their top tier boots. Right up there with my Scarpa and La Sportiva's. My daily outdoor work boot in the summer is an old pair of Asolo's that just keep on going strong.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a couple pairs of Asolo 520s. They were great. When I was really broke fresh out of college I wore them snowmobiling every day for work. Any pair of leather hiking boots that survive getting soaked through in slush and ground against tunnel bolts everyday for a 5000 mile winter have to be quality.

As far as proper use goes, they were great for that, too. I have some pretty chronic ankle problems and 520s had a lot of support while still being reasonably lightweight.

I wear Zamberlans now because of a prodeal but would be happy to return to asolo boots or try anything asolo makes.

I got a pair of tps 520's this winter because none of the other high end boots fit my wide feet (never tried on crispis). They are very comfortable and seem to be bomb proof. Being full grain leather they're a little on the heavy side but i'll sacrifice weight for durability. I've since handled the crispi's and the asolos feel better and more durable to me

jgreen798

FNG
I have a pair of the fugitives, and I enjoy them! I bought mine to be used for archery elk season. I've worn them while shoveling and snow blowing, and they do allow my feet to get cold since they are a little snug. They seem to be very durable. The sole is pretty stiff. I wear an 11 and they fit good, although a little snug when I wear a thicker sock. I'm hoping that they will get better as I wear them more.

I used a pair of leather Asolos on a Colorado search and rescue team for about 5 years and was very pleased with them. A malinois decided to eat one, so when I went out looking for new boots, I came right back to the same Asolo style. They lasted me about 8 years before I decided to try another route.
The only failures besides being made of apparently delicious leather, were laces and the waterproofing wasn't waterproof past about 2 years.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have two pair, zero complaints, I think the heavier pair are the 520s, I have even worn them upland hunting and they are holding up great!

ElkNut1

WKR
No question Asolo & Crispi both make great boots! I have both & wouldn't hesitate to pick up another from either!

ElkNut/Paul

TBHasler

WKR
I have both Asolo and Crispi's. I would say they both make excellent boots. I have Asolo fugitives that ive owned for about 5 years and wear to hike/hunt and generally knock around in in everything except snow or really cold weather. They look about 2 months old - they are durable as all get out. My only issues have been they can get cold in extended cold weather/snow. Also, the sole does NOT do well in really wet and heavy muddy terrain. They tend to slip around alot. Some Asolo models have vibram soles which seem to remain more tacky when wet; and others, including the Fugitive, have a sole designed by Asolo. The lug patterns on their hiking line varies widely but most of their limited hunting designed boots seem to all have good patterns which will hold up well and keep traction in mud.
Check the Asolo website, they literally have about 40 different styles of hiking/hunting boots to compare. Then search Sierra, Backcountry, Moosejaw and REI websites to actually purchase any - I've usually purchased all of mine at 30%-50% off retail.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got TPS 520s and would recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using asolo over 10 years I always use the full leather boot, awesome boot for the mountains here in colorado. I use the powermatic 200 gv and the GPS 520 gv. I also use a moldable insole by sole. I've never had a problem with these boots in all the years I've been hunting. Awesome boots.

Last edited:

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
I seem to be in the Minority here. I started with a pair of fugitives about 4-5 years ago for hunting season. I continually got wet feet. I hunted through the season and just chalked it up to water entering the top of the boot or I was wetting them from the inside out. A month or so later took them fishing and realised it was the boots leaking like a sieve. I returned them and picked up another pair figuring I just got a lemon. The 2nd pair did not leak immediately or as bad but within a month or two I was having the same problem. They are fine for an hour or so around the house but I hate wet feet and dont wear them anytime I might be out all day in wet conditions.

Tried some Salomons this year that I really liked the fit but they also leaked really bad. Thinking about moving to an all leather boot hoping for better wet protection then just the goretex liner.

JP100

WKR
Asolos are solid as, great boots.

Asolo ssaslong/hunter is a good allround model, similar to the lowa tibet in terms of use, but lighter

Asolo Acongua/Granite are a solid herd mountain boot, very tough.

I worked for a guide company who supplied boots to clients, we had like 200+ pairs of Asolos, and I have used various model for my guiding for years.

As with any boot they have got to fir you right, for me Asolos are the best I have tried

Vandy321

WKR
I have a pair of Asolo Fugatives from a deployment a while back. I can only speak for the fugatives, but the sole is hard, wet traction is not that great and they are more low cut than the seem. I would not willingly spend my own money on a set of the fugatives, there are better alternatives for me, but I can only speak what my feet like.

I went to the Salomon Quest GTX (now the 4d 3) and will never go back. Lightweigt but warm and extremely comfortable, great support even with a heavy pack, and almost ZERO break in required. For a lightweight boot, I'll never wear anything else.

GotDraw?

WKR
Love my Asolo Fugitives. Great early season boot. Have been in very steep terrain with them and felt safe. Good with 50+lb pack (for me).

4 years on them, still waterproof.

JL