Asolo hunter gv

Sierra has the asolo hunter gv on sale for 150$ right now, they are not a wide boot but there is room above the toes, so it’s a roomy feeling toe box if you don’t have wide feet… I have pretty standard width feet, not wide or narrow and the hunter gv fits me really well. True to size

Will not find a boot of this caliber for anywhere close to this price, asolos have stayed dry longer than any boots for me besides zamberlan. The hunter has very good support, and are fairly stiff, but not like a mountaineering boot, more like a crispi Nevada

If you are in the market, this is a smoking deal on these boots, and they have some good sizes left at that price

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
Been watching these for a while and waiting for the drop, snagged them last week and they got here fast. They are TTS for me, same as my sneaker sizes. I am usually a 10W or 10.5, I got the 10.5- the toebox is just a touch narrow, but not enough to be a problem and should be perfect after break-in.

There are better boots out there at $300+, but the quality on these is ridiculous for $150. Great deal.

I bought a pair of these last year on sale just to be ahead of the game when my 520GV's wear out. Have gotten to wear them a little but am still wearing the 520's as a priority.

The Hunter is a pretty stiff boot. I also assess it will be very durable and waterproof for a long time.

I can weigh my size 9's when I get home if that helps anyone. They are probably middle range for a boot like this.

Carr5vols

WKR
I bought a pair of these last year on sale just to be ahead of the game when my 520GV's wear out. Have gotten to wear them a little but am still wearing the 520's as a priority.

The Hunter is a pretty stiff boot. I also assess it will be very durable and waterproof for a long time.

I can weigh my size 9's when I get home if that helps anyone. They are probably middle range for a boot like this.
Yes please weigh if possible.

OP
roosiebull
Great boots. I have a heavily used pair that's still going strong and a backup pair on the shelf.
They have seriously impressed me for the price. Another really big surprise with these boots is how well they breathe. Last summer it was 100-115 degrees for a few weeks where I was working, and these were my boots of choice… they were much better in the hot weather than my crispi summits, and the only other footwear I could wear in that weather were my altra lone peaks, which were fine in town but sucked in the mountains when we were working in a lot of really steep country in a lot of scree.

I have beat the heck out of mine and they still have a lot of life left in them. Asolo have been among the most waterproof boots as well, but some just didn’t fit me great, the hunter gv have been the most comfortable stiff boots I’ve owned, I can be in them for 15hrs in the heat and never think about my feet.

They are lighter than I expected too, for what they are, they aren’t a heavy clunky boot. Comfortable out of the box, the uppers took a little breaking in, but it wasn’t bad, and have not had any foot drama in them ever

At 150$, it’s a very impressive boot if they fit your feet well. It’s the only stiff boot I have owned that I actually like and have worn them a bunch

Jakerex

WKR

520’s are my favorite. I’ve been through countless boots and keep returning to my 520’s…..they just fit.

I bought these hunters but they j didn’t fit right.

FYI I resoled my 520’s at https://www.davepagecobbler.com for around $100 about five years ago. I see Asolo is now offering resole work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4a9b9cb0d5c49fded5962db31f3c0114.jpg

US size 9

520’s are my favorite. I’ve been through countless boots and keep returning to my 520’s…..they just fit.

I bought these hunters but they j didn’t fit right.

FYI I resoled my 520’s at https://www.davepagecobbler.com for around $100 about five years ago. I see Asolo is now offering resole work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had that guy resole some 520's too. They are my work boots now. Like chopping wood, around the house stuff.

Swamppirate

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up ordering a pair of these from Sierra. I have to say they fit very well and are true to size. I have worn them around the house and outside extensively. Their fit and finish and overall craftmanship is top shelf. Loking forward to putting them to use this fall.